Admin and Finance Associate, UNODC
Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and coordinate administrative arrangements for workshops and trainings.
- Monitor accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for goods and services.
- Prepare, process and follow-up on administrative arrangements related to official travel. Ensure full compliance of UN rules and regulations, policies and strategies on travel management and ensure that vehicles are used in accordance with UN rules and regulations and that vehicle usage date is correctly recorded.
- Maintain project records, documents and correspondence.
- Maintain inventory including equipment, vehicles and assets of the Project for proper functioning.
- Draft routine correspondence and documents.
- Other duties as required
- Assess the budget heads and ensure its expenditure is as per the approved annual/quarterly work plans; Maintain expenditure statement and support in budget processes.
- Oversee and process payment requests, record and reconcile them against yearly project funding request for all activities under the project.
- Prepare and review budget proposals for project documents/revisions, especially costed work-plans/budgets, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures.
- Follow up on the activities and monitor advance balances of resource disbursed, verify availability of funds for programme activities and recommend for changes in budget line if needed.
- Assist Project Management in settlements of DSA and other claims of staff and other service providers as per UNODC rules.
- Monitor status of expenditures and allotments, record variations and update budget tables.
- Prepare requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged and (b) availability of funds.
- Prepare financial advance requests to be submitted to Donors/UN agencies on quarterly basis and maintain bank reconciliation, financial transaction and certification of expenditure reports.
- Assist Project Management in quality and on time procurement of project goods/services.
- Oversee and ensure efficient project procurement i.e. technical bids, financial bids, proposals and contracts following the UNODC procurement Guidelines.
- Draw up specifications for the equipment required for procurement in close work with programme and ensure proper operation, maintenance and appropriate distribution of such equipment.
- Any other task as and when assigned.
- Professionalism - Good knowledge and command of planning, programming budgeting, financial management and other relevant administrative policies. Demonstrated ability to provide effective specialized advice in a broad range of development assistance issues.
- Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; exhibits interest in having two-way communication; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork - Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and organizing - Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; uses time efficiently.
- Accountability - Takes ownership of all responsibility and honour commitments; delivers outputs in line with agreed schedules, budgets and quality standards in line with prevailing rules, regulations and procedures.
- Commitment to continuous learning – Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession. Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally. Shows willingness to learn from others.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce, accounting or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical experience in administrative & financial management, and procurement in national and/or international development organizations.
- Work experience with UN and knowledge of UN policies, guidelines and procedures would be an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP and other relevant management software required.
- Experience working with Umoja highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Bangla.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.