New Delhi (India)
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate will support the Project Officer, UNDP, in the following:
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Sound understanding of the technical aspects of the functioning of the National Biodiversity Authority especially in the area of Conservation, sustainable use of biological resource and fair equitable sharing of benefits of use;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of various technical and expert committees formed under NBA to support the implementation of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002;
- Promotes knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the area of professional discipline and job knowledge, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- Demonstrates competent analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to facilitate strategic planning and reporting;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc. Knowledge of other applications such as Front Page, Publisher and some multimedia tools would be useful.
- Focuses on expected impact and results and responds positively to feedback;
- Promotes teamwork and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills;
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders and external actors;
- High interpersonal skills, and ability to remain calm, in control and good humoured under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrates skills to liaise with varied government stakeholders and report to senior government officials.
- Excellent oral and writing and communication skills;
- Sound analytical and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills, with an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Establish, build and sustain effective relationship, partnerships and alliances with government and other agencies.
• Advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies.
• Result-orientation and ability to develop strategic approaches
• Identify problems and propose solutions
• Demonstrate good knowledge of information technology and its application in work assignments.
• Generate new ideas and approaches, research best practices and propose new, more effective ways of doing things.
• Document and analyze innovative strategies and new approaches.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to lead a team based on strong leadership skills.
• Familiarity with government policies, programmes and government operational systems in India.
• Proficiency in MS-Office, especially PowerPoint, Excel and Word; Advanced knowledge of spread sheet, database management and research skills will be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and deliver time sensitive tasks assigned.
• Willingness to travel within the country, if required.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 1 years of experience of working with an institution preferably in Central Government would be an advantage;
• Experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders such as government agencies, donors, industry and scientist;
• Proven experience of good research writing is required.
• Experience in organizing training and capacity building programmes and knowledge products in relevant thematic area will be desirable.
Remuneration package is Rs. 58,646/- per month (taxable). UNDP also offers additional benefits which include medical insurance coverage and limited pension reimbursement for contract holder and encourages work life balance.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.