Human Resources Assistant
(Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position)OVERVIEW
Post Number : HRM-140
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Administration
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 2 years
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 26-DEC-2019
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The HR Assistant position is located in the Service Section Unit of the Bureau of Human Resources Management (HRM/SES).
The HR Assistant will perform the full range of Human Resources support functions, including working across Sectors/Offices, to provide timely and professional benefits and entitlements services to clients in compliance with the UNESCO Staff Rules and Regulations.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer of HRM/SES/Team 1 and within assigned authority, the incumbent will have the following key responsibilities:
- Review and process requests for entitlements and claims from staff members in accordance with staff rules and established HR procedures.
- Carry out a range of personnel actions related to appointments, extensions, transfers, separations, etc.
- Collect and synthesize data and information on complex cases related to staff salaries, allowances and entitlements for approval/decision.
- Review and constantly update the HR database in the HR management system.
- Draft a wide range of correspondence and other notification materials, and support quality control to ensure a high standard of writing for all HR communications.
- Maintain effective and efficient communication with the concerned Sectors/Offices or Units/Teams on matters related to staff salaries, allowances and entitlements, and respond promptly to information requests and inquiries from clients.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational education.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the field of human resources, administration or related areas.
- Service-oriented and ability to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural background.
- Utmost discretion, integrity, tact and diplomacy.
- Attention to detail and meticulousness.
- Judgment and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to take initiatives and provide quality and timely support services.
- Good Knowledge of IT tools with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Computerized Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- Relevant experience in the UN System or other international organizations.
- Good knowledge of SAP.
- Good knowledge of UNESCO’S rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.