Education Assistant- Kerman Based
Rights Respected, People Protected
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, food security, livelihoods, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 6000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. NRC runs the world’s largest standby rosters NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs Job Presentation
NRC in the Islamic Republic in Iran
NRC started operations in Iran in 2012. We currently deliver humanitarian assistance in 8 provinces in the sectors of Education, Food Security and livelihoods, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter construction, as well as Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA). We co-lead several technical inter-agency working groups and provide capacity building to humanitarian partners in country. Next to our programs, NRC Iran also built an advocacy unit to develop joint messages and initiatives amongst INGOs to improve rights of the displaced.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the Implementation of the delegated project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the Education function
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with advocacy strategy
- Conduction interview and assist in distribution and monitoring of Cash cards
- Communicate with the respondent(s) in simple language information such as the purpose of the data collection and NRC announcements/updates (e.g., case updates, instructions, and etc.);
- Liaise with other NRC units, including accountability, to provide relevant reports and data requests.
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents within the education unit
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, political science, sociology, statistics, or related fields
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in an education related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;Fluency in English and native proficiency in Persian, written and spoken;
- Experience working with data entry tasks and databases tools (e.g., MS Access, SQL) is a plus;
- Updated Knowledge of the refugee context in Iran and Afghanistan is an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with project cycle management is an asset
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract duration/until: End of 2019 with possibility of extension
Salary/Benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.