Programme Associate – Joint Programme (EU4GE)
In response to EU action on Challenging Gender Stereotypes and Practices in the EaP countries, UN Women and UNFPA regional offices for Europe and Central Asia developed a three-year Joint Programme to be implemented in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine at the national and regional levels.
It is aimed to shift societal perceptions around gender stereotypes and patriarchal norms limiting women’s rights; improve men’s involvement in care-taking of their children and participation in father’s programmes; and spur the adoption of best practices in perpetrator’s programmes among the ministries of social affairs and Programme for perpetrators in the respective countries. Specifically, the regional component collates global and regional experiences to coordinate activities that will have an impact across all six countries within this proposal.
This programme is led jointly by UNFPA and UN Women, who are globally recognized as leading agencies in the area of gender equality and prevention of discriminatory practices against women and girls. Both agencies have a long experience of addressing challenging gender stereotypes, affecting social change and advancing women’s and girls’ empowerment. The efforts of both agencies are fully complementary and further supported by their work with other UN agencies, civil society, and member states. Both agencies can draw on considerable knowledge globally, regionally, and from the local level, and play a facilitating and convening role to involve all actors in the achievement of SDG 5 and other gender related SDGs targets.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager the Programme Associate works with and provides support in development and implementation of project activities by UNFPA and UN Women in line with UN Women and UNFPA rules and regulations. They contribute to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the UNFPA and UN Women ROs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide advanced administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
· Provide advanced administrative support and inputs in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
· Provide technical guidance to the UNFPA and UN Women country offices involved in JP and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances;
· Coordinate the collection of information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations;
· Contribute to the development or update of standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists, templates and business processes in programme and project management;
· Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
2. Provide advanced administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
· Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project;
· Monitor budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; prepare periodic reports; finalize FACE forms;
· Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects;
· Maintain internal expenditures control system; post transactions in Atlas;
· Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas;
· Prepare and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
3. Provide advanced administrative support to the Programme Unit
· Oversee all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
· Oversee travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
· Prepare public information materials and briefing packets;
· Liaise with high level officials on administrative issues;
· Prepare and assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations; contribute inputs to the materials;
4. Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Assist in documentation of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance;
· Assist in the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions;
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UNFPA and UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances;
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for management and donor purposes;
- Quality maintenance of internal systems;
- Quality background and presentation materials.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Core Values and Competencies:http://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-employment-values-and-competencies-definitions-en.pdf
- Strong knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit, synthesize and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to provide input to business process re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new data management systems;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Excellent financial and budgeting skills;
- Excellent IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is an asset.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required
- Working knowledge in another official UN language (Russian) is an asset