Supply Chain Officer - Al Hol, Al Hasakah
Al Hasakah (Syria) | Al Hol
Requisition ID: req7338
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer - Al Hol, Al Hasakah
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- Lead Supply Chain team in Al Hol assuring better understanding and maximum support to meet deadlines.
- Develop activities tracker and update on scheduled tasks to SCC on every Thursday before close of business.
- Hold regular meetings with SCC and update on any challenges and steps taken to address them before they arise.
- Schedule visits to partner organization to ensure that minimum standards in the areas of procurement and stock management are in place.
- Work with team to ensure quality service delivery to programs against planned and emergency requests.
- Ensure buffer stock of basic supplies is always above replenishment line, and coordinate with programs on raising requests in a timely manner.
- Liaise with SC team in Hasakeh and Derek to ensure consistent archiving and reporting.
- Supply Chain activities are carried out in compliance with IRC and donor standards.
- Documentary records are updated and archived in sequential order to avoid audit observations.
- Operational services are cost effective, efficient, and transparent.
- Conduct spot check for all supply chain functions to ensure that the documents are complete and ready for any sort of official review.
- Read, understand, and implement standards involved in procurement as defined in manual and SOPs.
- Follow-up with program and support the teams to submit purchase requests.
- Manage to procure all necessary items for programs, offices and residences.
- Materials purchased are of appropriate quality and price and are timely delivered.
- Maintain the IRC Purchase Request Tracking Sheet and submit routine reports to the Supply Chain Cooridnator.
- Prepare procurement contracts and POs.
- Update Purchase Request tracker.
- Ensure that payments are submitted to finance department without any delays.
- Coordinate with finance team in clearing payments against procured supplies and obtained services.
- Hold meetings with program teams, and update on supply chain information required.
- Hold meetings with suppliers/service providers to negotiate prices in the best interest of program activities.
- Establish and maintain an ethical and professional working relationships with suppliers and service providers in the best interest of program activities.
- Update suppliers/service data base on monthly basis.
- Conduct regular market surveys to ensure that IRC is receiving the best value for money.
- Maintain a complete filing system for all procurement related documents according to IRC Procurement Manual.
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Hold a meeting with the Supply Chain team at Hasakeh/Derek to reconcile Asset Register to make sure that information is correct and nothing is found missing.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Conduct monthly stock reconciliation making sure that bin card balances, ledger balances and physical balances are matched.
Transportation / Fleet
- Manage fleet at Al Hol Camp.
- Implement IRC Cross border vehicle policy for rental vehicles/drivers.
- Implement and direct IRC standard vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues; ensure vehicle inspections for safe working order is done on weekly/monthly basis.
- Manage, evaluate and monitor drivers.
- Coordinate with program teams to submit staff movement plan enabling fleet unit to schedule vehicles for planned activities.
- Prepare the weekly movement plans for all staff in a proper, efficient and effective way.
- Ensures the drivers are aware of their movements and plans.
- Ensure that log sheet record for all rented vehicles is filed in sequential order to produce auditors when required.
- Maintain complete record of drivers’ leaves and overtime according to vehicle policy.
- Ensure vehicles are well maintained, hygiene, fully equipped with tools and full official documentations are valid and available.
- Collect all fleet related information (Log books, fuel, accidents, etc...) and provide them to the team in Derek to prepare all fleet reports.
- Ensure that all IRC premises at Al Hasakah are well maintained.
- Ensure office and buffer warehouse are equipped with all necessary requirements/ supplies.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Process and Policy Oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently.
- Trustworthy, reliability, openness and ability respond rapidly to queries.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Minimum 1 years of work experience in supply chain.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context, including geographical, political and security aspects.
- Organized, results and detailed oriented, proactive.
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other IT skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Good command in English and local/national languages.
- Able to receive critics.
- Resistant to Stress.
- University Degree on: Business, commercial, Economics, Supplies Management or in Administration.
- At least two years of work experience; one year of previous NGO experience in Supply Chain preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Syrian context.
- Willingness to travel regularly to field sites.
- English and Arabic required, Kurdish is a plus.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Field Manager.
Position directly supervises:SC Assistant
Indirect Reporting: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program teams, Finance, MEAL, HR and Supply Chain Team—Hasakeh \ Derek, FC
External: Suppliers, service providers, supply chain focal points in other organizations, and local authorities.
oIRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
oThe International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.