Christian Community Development Officer
Christian Community Development Officer
Switzerland Global Support Office
Expand Medair’s engagement within the Swiss and international/ex-pat Christian community and churches, so as to increase visibility, raise funds, mobilise Christian staff and prayer.
Develop strategies and creative initiatives to build Medair’s brand to expand our Christian engaged communities. Implement a strategy in line with the overall Medair strategy to develop a strong network of supporters (donors and ambassadors), particularly focusing on Christian communities to deliver on engagement targets and generate prayer support.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
- For more senior / technical roles, some other nationalities may be eligible to apply.
Starting Date & Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Creative communication and campaigning
- Implement new initiatives and campaigns to increase visibility and grow the engagement database
- Project management: create, develop and implement fundraising projects and campaigns
- Find new and attractive opportunities, partners and sponsors to implement events and support with planning and organisation of Medair events
Manage Christian audience
- Develop a strategic and structured approach to reach the Christian community
- Develop and strengthen Medair’s presence in the Christian community through talks, events, collects, relationships building, and campaigns
- Leverage Christian communities (networks and churches) as a multiplier to acquire donors and ambassadors
- Approach Christian communities as a recruiting base and promote open vacancies
Implement Ambassador concept
- Focus on people that have an above average alignment with Medair’s vision and mission to inspire and equip them to work alongside us: influencing, campaigning, giving, praying, working, volunteering and innovating.
Relationship fundraising with private donors
- Establish and develop contacts to build positive, sustainable and profitable relationships with private individuals
- Face to face meetings, use existing and new products, events, etc.
- Thank you management
Increase brand awareness to general public
- Recognise trends and opportunities in the Swiss Christian markets.
- Seek out new channels to promote Medair.
- Position and pitch Medair effectively using its comparative advantages and unique selling propositions (USP).
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant field (i.e. Marketing, Communication, Business Management, International Relations, Political Sciences).
- Certification of professional fundraising, Marketing, Sales, Account Management desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken French. Good English working knowledge. German is an asset.
- Private or public sector experience in a relevant field in Switzerland. Experience in mobilising Church and/or Christian communities. Professional experience in communication/ customer relationships/ marketing or sales, Event Management/ planning & implementing of campaigns desirable.
- Advanced user of MS Office. Experience in CRM software, Social media, Word press desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Networking skills.
- Sense for inspiring communication and current trends.
- Close to the market, ability to identify potential of audiences. Goal and performance oriented.
- Understanding of International and humanitarian context.
- Experience in business development desirable.
- Creative mind-set, open for new ideas, desire to stick out and be innovative. Pioneer and self-driven.
- Collaborative team player. People-oriented, strong interpersonal skills.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
- Profiles sought and Benefits Package for Global Support Office Staff.