Senior Associate Refugee Integration Services
Mexico City (Mexico)
Note that tests and interviews will be conducted in December.
Your CV and a short letter of motivation in Spanish or English sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you are not a Mexican citizen, please indicate whether and what kind of residency and work permit you hold.
INTRARE is a social startup that provides groundbreaking integration services to refugees and asylum seekers, companies, and society. Since starting off in Mexico in 2018, we are working with the International Organization for Migration (IOM), the German Development Agency (GIZ), and organizations such as Programa Casa Refugiados to make migration create benefits for all.
Why we do what we do
Migration to Mexico and other countries in the region has grown dramatically over recent years. This has made integration a central challenge. In INTRARE, we believe that in order to successfully address this in today's times, everyone, including newcomers, members of the host society and the market should feel that migration is not a threat, but a positive addition to their lives and businesses. That is why we provide solutions that not only support the refugees and asylum seekers but also society and the market.
What we do
We offer integration services that combine the driving forces of social and economic insertion. This means that we seek to improve the newcomers’ economic and social well-being through opportunities for formal employment or entrepreneurship, as well as by creating links with their new society. We also design solutions for partner companies that link refugees’ and asylum seekers’ talent and motivation to market needs. Their new coworkers are included in the integration process to reverse rejection dynamics and establish a culture open to diversity and migration. From 2020 on, we will also support other actors such as incubators and local governments to strengthen their abilities for integrating refugees and asylum seekers. To ensure a constant improvement of the quality and efficiency of the integration we provide, INTRARE creates digital solutions, both by applying existing tools and by developing new ones.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
INTRARE provides integration services to external stakeholders, such as companies, entrepreneurship incubators, and local governments. This position will be responsible to design and implement services to strengthen those partners’ capacities for integrating refugees and asylum seekers. It will ensure the agile development and constant adaption of our integration model and services.
· Design and implementation of training on social and economic integration of refugees and asylum seekers for companies, local governments and other partners.
· Conducting participative integration strategy planning and implementation with partners.
· Providing consultation to partners on improving refugees’ and asylum seekers’ integration.
· Supporting the development of an integration software, ensuring its functions and design respond to stakeholders’ needs and constraints.
· Implementing monitoring and evaluation of our integration services.
· Working with the director to ensure agile responses to observations in the service design and implementation.
· Supporting fundraising activities.
· Supporting the organization’s financial planning.
Be open to take on new responsibilities. As a startup we are a place of innovation and constant development, and we want you to be part of that.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD HAVE
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in strategy development and/ or implementation.
· Experience in designing and/ or implementing monitoring and evaluation for impact.
· Experience in providing training to different audiences.
· Knowledge of refugees and migrants in Mexico, preferably including integration.
· Management of project budgets.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
Independent and cooperative decision making.
Ability to take leadership.
Attention to detail.
Excellent communication and cooperation skills.
Creative problem solving.
Negotiation skills, particularly with actors from local governments and private sector.
Strategy development and implementation.
English and Spanish are a must, French a plus.