Under the direct supervision of HR Officer, WHO Representative as well as Regional HR Manager the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensures full compliance of HR activities with WHO rules and regulations, policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control and functioning of the HR management system;
- Advises WHO Representative (WR) and staff on all aspects of HR policies and procedures including proper use of contractual modalities
- Under the guidance of the WHO Representative and in close collaboration with the Regional Office, provides substantive input to HR planning and forecasting of the staffing needs of the Country Office (CO) and facilitate and monitor the recruitment of non-staff (Agreement for Performance of Work (APW), Special Service Agreement (SSA), etc…)
- Leads WHO CO selection processes including drafting position descriptions establishment of positions in Global Management System (GSM), issuance of vacancy announcements, screening of candidates, interview panels and related activities
- Work closely with HRS/EMRO to ensure the timeliness of emergency and non-emergency contracts
- Develops and manages rosters for local positions;
- Monitors contract’s expiry dates for staff and non-staff, initiates and follows up on requests for extensions
- Acts as a liaison between the Regional Office and the WHO CO on all HR related matters.
- University degree in human resources management, public or business administration (and related areas), industrial relations, law, psychology or other relevant degree or equivalent with a relevant combination of professional and academic qualifications.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
- At least two years’ experience in human resources management services or positions involving HR management in the field and/or emergency response situations.
- Experience in WHO, the UN System or an international organization/institution as advantage.
- Proven knowledge of human resources management practices in a multicultural environment in particular the effective management of human resources planning, application and implementation of human resources policies, rules and regulations, selection and recruitment in emergency response situations, as well as organizational analysis, staff relations and conflict management, performance management and staff development.
- Strong knowledge of HR Management policies and practices in the UN Common System
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to convey written information in an effective manner.
- Sound analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to promote consensus, guide, motivate and advise others.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to work and produce results under pressure.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Proficiency in MS Office.Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams