Job Title: Communications Intern
Project Title/Department: UNDP CO Communications Unit
Duration of the assignment: 6 months, 7 January – June 2020
Work Status: Full-time 7 hours per day
Duty station: Tashkent
Expected places of travel: Not foreseen
Reports To: Communications Analyst
UNDP Uzbekistan ensures inclusive and effective democratic governance and sustainable development by advocating, advising, fostering impartial spaces for dialogue, achieving consensus and enhancing capacities of institutions. UNDP Uzbekistan to bring constitutional reforms, organize credible elections, strengthen parliaments, address policy and institutional issues for peace, risk-reduction and sustainable development through reconciliation, empowerment and inclusion.
The Communications team at UNDP Uzbekistan supports the positioning of the organization and entails developing and promoting high-quality content, communicating about UNDP Uzbekistan’s work through digital and social media and engaging mass media.
We are looking for a communications intern who will provide technical support to boost the visibility of UNDP Uzbekistan and associated platforms and provide analytics reports to assess our online and digital performance. In addition, the intern will be tasked with supporting our website, social media presence and additional media and graphic design tasks, where needed.
By the end of the internship the intern is expected to have developed clear understanding of the communication objectives and planned inputs, enhance educational experience, obtain practical skills and knowledge through practical assignments for further use in his/her research work, deepen knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under direct supervision of Communications Analyst, the Intern will be expected to:
Required Skills and Experience
Education: in a relevant discipline (digital marketing, web management, graphic design, social media,
Communication, journalism, public relations, etc)
Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Support the creation and uploading of content for the UNDP Uzbekistan website;
- Support the maintenance, back-up and transfer of information to a new server;
- Assist the Communications analyst in the organisation of key events and communication opportunities, such as major regional conferences, discussions and report launches;
- Research and track relevant websites and social media channels as needed to feed content into the work of the communications team;
- Assistance in maintaining Country Office Social media, especially Instagram and Twitter, and social networking
- Analytics compiling and reporting;
- Other tasks related to graphic design, web design, web content