Internship, Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF) (French speaking) Rome, Italy
Internship, Private Partnerships and Fundraising (PPF)
The World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the Private Partnerships and Fundraising Division. The position will be based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy and will be for a period of 6 months starting from the 21st January 2020.
ARE YOU UP TO THE CHALLENGE?
To learn more about how WFP contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals and what the Zero Hunger Challenge means for WFP, watch this Video.
WFP partners with companies, corporate foundations and private foundations to help reach the goal of Zero Hunger. Partners typically provide funding and expertise to solve pressing challenges that stand in the way of achieving Zero Hunger. The selected candidate will be assisting the Private Partnerships Division in implementing WFP’s partnership strategy with the following key duties:
- Draft proposals, presentations, communication pieces and impact reports for French and English-speaking partners and prospects;
- Map and research selected partnership prospects in the fields of food security, resilience building, food & beverage, technology, retail etc. and help identify their CSR alignment with WFP priorities;
- Support partnership management in regular communication with regional and country offices and technical units;
- Help set up and coordinate short-term employee secondments in WFP country offices;
- Produce summaries / case studies on existing partnerships and prospects.
- Monitor media and manage the team’s weekly updates;
- Structure information via online knowledge management platforms;
- Support account management tasks upon request, i.e. organize high-level meetings, field trips, etc.
- Undertake other related tasks and duties when needed.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Business, International Relations, Social Sciences or another relevant field;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Outlook;
- Fully fluent in English and French;
- Strong analytical skills, with attention to detail;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
Good to have
- Experience as an intern in a management/strategy consultancy or the marketing/ sustainability department of a company;
- Knowledge of the social enterprise world and public-private partnership building.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$1000 per month
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
Selected candidates only will be expected to undertake a written, timed assignment on Saturday, December 14th, 2019. The pre-selection announcement will reach you by Friday, December 13th, 2019.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place on Tuesday December 17th or Wednesday December 18th, 2019.
Step 1: Create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on the hyperlink to view the current opening(s) and “Apply” to submit your application(s).
NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this Internship.
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, December 10th, 2019
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
Fighting Hunger Worldwide