Individual Contractor: Fundraising Programme Coordination, LACRO, Panama
Panama City (Panama)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
How can you make a difference?
Income and non-financial contribution from private sector (Individuals, Corporates and philanthropic partners) has consistently grown in Latin America and the Caribbean during past years, becoming the most important source of funding for the programs in the region and helping achieve programmatic goals with the private sector as a development partner.
Purpose of the Job:
- Ensure access to information on potential partners, while at the same time allowing customization around country-specific needs and obligations around data confidentiality and access
- Enable automated reporting and business analytics (translating our partnerships into results)
- Optimize connections between local and global opportunities and accountability (bringing visibility on interactions with company subsidiaries and headquarters in different countries)
- Support financial data management (linking income to partnership agreements)
- Enhance coordination and clear accountability patterns (“speaking as ONE UNICEF” with partners)
- Maximize opportunities (providing visibility on partnerships that can be replicated or scaled up)
Expected results and deliverables:
Implement an 8 months workplan in the region to ensure that the System is used in its full potential to achieve the above-mentioned objectives (presented in the PURPOSE section). The plan needs to consider a System Analysis phase and an Implementation phase.
- With HQ understanding the whole potential of the actual tool and identifying potential areas of improvement as a way to better analyze and maximize opportunities with partners.
- With the regional PFP team in LACRO, corporate partnerships, due diligence, philanthropy and business for results teams.
- This includes to use the system to analyze and estimate income projections based on volume and profile of donor prospecting, status of negotiations and timing for proposals development.
- Working with Public Partnership team in LACRO to explore ways for PP to use UNISON to post, track and analyze public partners opportunities and pipeline.
- Working with COs in the region, on capacity building, ensuring they understand/ get the buy in/ and embed UNISON.
Key qualification, technical background and experience required:
An advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Sociology,, Marketing or equivalent professional work experience. A first degree with commensurate work experience would also qualify an applicant for the post.
A minimum of five years working in the field of partnerships management including experience with private sector.
Experience working in a UNICEF office and familiarity with the work of UNICEF National Committees would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience managing partnerships systems
- Excellent inter-personal and networking skills (ability to build engagement and commitment)
- Demonstrated proposal and consumer-friendly writing skills, boosting in each one of the reports UNICEF credibility
- Proven track record of working to deadlines
Oral & written fluency in English and Spanish required. Working knowledge of Portuguese would be an asset.
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The contractor will work with guidance of the Regional Chief Partnerships, and in close collaboration relevant specialists (Corporates, Due diligence, Philanthropy, CRB), within the UNICEF PFP Unit of LAC Regional Office.
The hired individual contractor will work primary from home office but will need to be present every week to meet with PFP regional team in the Panama office.
Estimated start date of this individual contract is: 8 months.
Estimated end date: 31 October 2020
Travel (if applicable)
Travel will be covered by UNICEF as per policy.
- Travel costs will be estimated and added to the contract once they are determined based on UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations.
- For agreed country visits, the contractor/consultant will be responsible in administering their own travel. UNICEF will reimburse travel related expenses based on actual costs or on the below criteria whichever is lower and upon presentation of receipts.
- Any travel involved should be budgeted according to UN Travel Standards as a ceiling.
- Travel: http://www.un.org/ga/search/view_doc.asp?symbol=ST/AI/2013/3 Sect. 4, para. 4.2, numerals (d) and (e)
- Accommodation (Daily Subsistence Allowance, DSA): http://icsc.un.org/ (all countries and destinations can be found by navigating on the map)
Fees and how to apply:
Candidates are requested to submit a financial proposal based on the deliverables mentioned above. Application must include CV.
- Technical proposal: cover letter (referring to the required qualifications, timeline, workplan, and proposed methodology, as well as contact references from three (3) previous work experiences)
- Financial proposal
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF reserves the right to make additional assessment of the pre-selected candidates, if needed
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.