JOB TITLE: Finance and Administration Assistant
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
TEAM MEMBERS: Senior Financial Specialist (SFS), Financial Specialist and HR/Admin (HRAA)
SALARY CATEGORY: E1
LOCATION: GWPO and Cap-Net Secretariat in Stockholm
The Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a globally operating multi-stakeholder action network dedicated to working with countries towards the equitable, sustainable, and efficient management of water resources. The network is hosted by an inter-governmental organisation headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and it comprises of 3,000+ partner organisations in over 180 countries. Organized across 67 Country Water Partnerships and 13 Regional Water Partnerships, GWP convenes, brokers and delivers coordinated action by government and non-government actors, including the private sector. GWP’s vision is a water-secure world. A long-time advocate for integrated water resources management, GWP draws on implementation experience at the local level and links it across the Network and to global development agendas. More information: www.gwp.org.
The global team is comprised of a dynamic group of 30+ staff and consultants who work to support GWP’s Regional Water Partnerships, Country Water Partnerships and institutional partners, as well as all of GWP’s stakeholders. The global team’s financial management services are a critical element of the Network’s architecture, ensuring that global and regional development partners can contribute financially – through GWP - to activities on the ground in over 50 countries while being able to trust in GWP’s transparent, auditable and reliable financial management practices and processes. Across our regional and country teams, we have built excellence in financial management through combining capacity building with accreditation, and we continuously invest in and sustain good practice and knowledge sharing across our partner organisations. We are now looking to identify a dynamic and innovative Finance and Administration Assistant who will, as part of GWP’s small but high-powered Finance & Administration Team, help us further sustain, strengthen and build the financial management systems and practices across our Network of partners.
SCOPE OF THIS POSITION
The Finance and Administration Assistant works with the Finance/HR/Admin Team to ensure high quality, accurate, and timely accounting, reporting, and execution of payments to suppliers and personnel.
The Finance and Administration Assistant shall ensure that appropriate work equipment and office services are in place, including the security of the office premises.
The position reports to the CFO and works closely with the Team members and the Secretariat.
The position is divided with 70% of the working hours dedicated to the finance function and 30% to office services.
1. Finance 70%
Accounting and payments
- Check and process supplier invoices, travel claims, and reimbursables for approval
- Release approved supplier invoices and claims for payment for GWPO and Cap-Net
- Register vouchers in the accounting system
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reports
- Prepare monthly reports on office expenditures
- Keep an updated Accounting Manual
- Update the GWP per-diem rates bi-annually
- Ensure filing and archiving of accounting documents
- Continuously improve administrative and financial routines within the Finance Unit
- Back up function for the other members of the Unit
- Participate in the planning and execution of timely monthly reconciliations of the GWPO and Cap-Net accounts
Annual Closing and Audit
- Support the annual closing and audit of GWPO and Cap-Net
- Keep an updated fixed asset register
- Other duties, as assigned by the CFO
2. Office services (30%)
- Ensure that the office has appropriate work equipment and service arrangements in place and act as the contact person for suppliers of all office services (excluding IT, printers, and phone hardware).
- Responsible for the maintenance of the office including purchase of office and kitchen supplies, handling of key cards, and hard copy archiving.
- Ensure an efficient handling of mail and deliveries.
- Coordinate any internal office changes and moves.
- Support the Secretariat’s goal to keep reducing its office-related carbon footprint.
- Oversee, establish and strive for a safe, secure and ergonomically good work environment. This includes being responsible for the fire safety, first aid and other security measures at the office
- Any other support within office environment and services as requested.
- Actively contribute to building a learning culture within GWPO by modelling good learning practices and supporting others in doing so.
- Other duties, as assigned by the CFO
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least secondary school education, within accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as financial/administrative assistant preferably in an international working environment
- Good familiarity with accounting systems
- Conscientious, socially skilled and service-minded attitude as well as high attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Committed to meeting deadlines and good quality of work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Swedish is required and
- Other major languages (French, Spanish) are considered an asset.
Professionalism: Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate knowledge, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
Planning and Organising: Excellent organisational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability is essential.
E-literacy: Excellent e-skills, including the ability to use modern office technology and related software. Practical knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required. Proficient in MS Excel.
Teamwork: Support colleagues, contribute to team culture, and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Place team agenda before personal agenda. Support and act in accordance with final group decision; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility.
Personal: A good sense of humour. Love for nature, its beauty and its resources. Willingness to 'get the job' done with a positive attitude to take on a wide range of tasks.
Professionals with a background from and/or living and working in Asian, African, Eastern European, Latin American, or Middle Eastern countries are encouraged to apply.
GWP offers competitive remuneration as well as an attractive work environment, with flat hierarchies and agile decision-making, and with great opportunities for professional exposure and growth.
This contract is initially offered for 2 years with possibility for extension.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.
Applications in English. Applications are accepted only through the online application system and not via e-mail.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31 December 2019 - midnight Stockholm