Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Analyst is responsible for management of the CO Procurement Unit, effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money in large offices. He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Analyst deputizes the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services. The Procurement Analyst will work closely with the Head of Procurement to streamline the procurement processes and oversee procurement related activities of UNDP programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Control of CO Assets
- Logistical Services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
- Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Manages and guides procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
- Elaboration of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Establishment of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform
- Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
4. Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of inventory management.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
- Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Coordination of travel management, shipments arrangements, vehicle maintenance, conference facilities arrangements.
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
- 6. nsures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.·Sound
- contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Ability to make new and useful ideas work: Level 4: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Ability to persuade: Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction: Level 4: Models independent thinking and action
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform: Level 4: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement: Level 4: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Knowledge Management and Learning
Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office:
Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Development and Operational Effectiveness
Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting: Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification is an asset
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.