ICT and Administrative Associate
New York City (United States of America)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support to SSC networks and corporate software systems based on Operating of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings.
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Respond in timely manner to service issues and requests providing technical support across UNOSSC.
- Implement of backup and restoration procedures for local drives; maintenance of backup logs; organization of off-site storage of backups
- Responsible Argus Focal Point to maintain Atlas profiles according rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of a training and user guides in the SSC and recommend ICT skills.
- Manage and monitor SSC’s network and file server to provide a stable and responsive environment.
- Ensure Compliance of procurement activities followingUNDP rules, regulations and policies .
- Map SSC procurement business processes and development Standard Operation Procedures focus on efficiency and Cost Saving.
- Advice on contract management and procurement in the SSC, including tendering and evaluation processes, managing contracts, regulatory conditions and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation.
- Development and maintenance Supplier roster.
- Certify Open PO balance accuracy.
- Create Vendors and Travel ID for UNOSSC HQ and overseas offices upon request.
- Complete Travel Authorization process according UNOSSC rules and regulation.
- Perform Focal Point activities with UN official travel agent (Ultramar).
- Process travel claims and other entitlements.
- Administrate Credit Card payments and periodic reconciliations following UNOSSC rules and regulations.
- Support UNOSSC events, act as UN Management Services Focal Point.
- Ensure Asset Management in compliance with UNOSSC rules and regulations acting as Focal Point for Asset Management functions.
- Ensure adequate office supplies stock.
- Back up for another Program Support positions.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by managers.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
- Ability to persuade others to follow.
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
- Ability to support internal customer with IT assistance and manage IT network.
- Ability to acquire goods, services or works from outside external source.
- Knowledge of Accounting concept,principles,regulations and policies and ability to apply to strategic and /or practical situations .
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support.
- Ability to support an effective knowledge brokering function and provide platform for sharing expertise.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialization in procurement and IT is required.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 5-7 years in progressively responsible administrative position in the UN/UNDP with strong competencies in procurement processes and information technology. Excellent knowledge of PC computer technology,office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; communications software (e-mail) Familiarity with UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations;
- Fluency in English.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
Important applicant information
Internally advertised General Service (GS) fixed-term appointment (FTA) positions located in Headquarters are open to GS staff members currently serving in New York/Washington D.C. who hold a UNDP permanent or FTA who are either US Permanent Residents, US citizens or holders of a valid G4 visa at the time of their application and whose G4 visa has been acquired on account of their employment in the UN Systems based in New York or Washington, DC.
Current UNDP GS staff serving outside of HQ must meet the eligibility criteria stated above prior to their application.
Selected candidates who meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria are responsible for their own travel and/or relocation costs
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.