UN Women Background:
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Administrative Intern will work in close collaboration with the programme/project staff and the Operations team to ensure consistent service delivery in the CO and support the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
Duties and Responsibilities
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in general administrative and logistical support to the Office in accordance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to property management;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Assist in monitoring and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution, as required;
- Assist in maintain records on assets management and prepare required reports;
- Assisting the implementation of UN Women economic empowerment program, and peace and security program.
- Provide support to UN Women Sudan’s events in the area of communication;
- Timely support to team
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies:
- Ability to administer administrative processes and transactions;
- Strictly adheres to confidentiality
- Ability to perform a large volume of work;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration or related fields is required;
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation, or Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program which is part of a degree programme and undertake the internship as part of the program requirements.