Reports and Resource Mobilization Specialist, P3, FT Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso # 110186
Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso)
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative in charge or programme, the post will contribute to the reporting functions in the Country Office, including timely preparation and completion of donor reports, proposals, presentations, briefing papers and the CO’s annual report, analytical statement on the UNICEF’s online result module RAM, amongst others.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For Every Child, hope
Due to the increased funding available especially resources from donors, volume of the office’s reporting requirement has increased since early 2019. Ensuring the quality and timeliness of donor reports, funding proposals and other external communication materials is essential for optimizing the office’s resource mobilization capacity and demonstrating “value for money” to donors through effective communication of results for children.The Burkina Faso CO currently operates in a complex humanitarian environment, and a rapidly changing context while its CPD (development programme) is well funded. The main office is based in Ouagadougou and supported by 3 Field Offices, located in Dori, Kaya and Fada-Ngourma.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Deputy Representative in charge or programme, the post will contribute to the reporting functions in the Country Office, including timely preparation and completion of donor reports, proposals, presentations, briefing papers and the CO’s annual report, analytical statement on the UNICEF’s online result module RAM, amongst others. The incumbent will manage donor reporting and other programmatic documents in collaboration with all the programme sections, the planning, monitoring and evaluation section and external communication section based on the workflow and tools. The position also has a critical role of continued capacity development of the team in result-based reporting, analytical writing and other skills required for quality donor reporting that is fundamental to the CO’s partnership management, advocacy and resource mobilization.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Ensure the quality and timely donor reporting and development of quality fundraising proposals with result-based approach.
- Ensure appropriate tools and work processes are in place in the office for effective donor reporting management.
- Manage quality assurance by editing and reviewing the office’s annual reports and other programmatic and communication documents/materials for resource mobilization.
- Analysis of the fundraising situation and monitoring of the resource mobilization efforts.
- Innovation and knowledge management, and capacity building of programme colleagues on result-based reporting and fundraising.
- Support to quality and timely donor reporting
- In coordination with programme sections, ensure quality and timely donor reporting by providing guidance and quality control and review and editing of donor reports. Ensure timeliness and quality reporting. This includes gathering of information, consolidation, editing, layout and branding of all required reports on contributions/grants (development/emergency) available for UNICEF-Burkina Faso.
- In reviewing the reports ensure compliance with special requirements, quality of data and systematic-results based reporting.
- Monitors donor reporting schedule and provides timely reminders and workflow to programme sections to ensure that all donor reports are sent on time.
- Edit and review donor reports both English and French and other relevant documents for donors (e.g. human-interest stories) based on the organizational quality standards, provide feedback to submitting programme sections and produce final version of documents to be reviewed by the Deputy Representative, in line with the office’s workflow/ QA tools.
- Review of all the proposals developed by the office to ensure quality, coherence, alignment with organizational goals and standards.
- Search updated guideline and templates for specific donor reports and share them with programme sections to ensure the compliance to specific guideline required by each donor or specific funding.
- Ensure all documents including donor reports and proposals as well as feedback from donors if any, are shared and archived in the office’s share drive/share point.
- Propose tools and corrective actions on operational procedures to ensure that effective work processes on donor reporting management, as well as a record management system for donor reports / proposals are in place.
- Ensure that the donor reports are developed as a part of the office’s knowledge management and sharing, including detailed analysis of bottlenecks in programmatic implementation, coherence between programmatic results achieved and fund utilization reports and documenting lessons learned and good practice case studies.
- Quality assurance of other programmatic reports, documents and materials
- Ensure the compliance with requirements and conditions of donors and UNICEF standards and guidelines on donor reporting, including managing a quality assurance system with appropriate tools.
- Coordinate with staff to plan, compile, review, edit and archive high quality mandatory UNICEF programmatic reports, including the Humanitarian Action for Children (HAC), SitRep, Country Office Annual Report, programme briefings, Reviews Summary, etc.
- In collaboration with the Advocacy and External communication Unit, ensure the quality of advocacy, communication and informational materials for resource mobilization.
- Contribute to the compilation, editing and quality assurance of other programmatic documents such as Situation analysis, CPD and UNDAF, and lessons learned and good practice documents, presentations and briefing notes as needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of data and data sources used in all the reporting and make sure the more recent data from official or verifiable sources are used.
- Analysis and monitoring of the partnership management
- Organize data and information, prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of actual and potential donors, proposals and reports.
- Analyze and provide recommendations to improve the systems and processes to monitor grants and performance against key indicators related to partnership management (contribution management, donor reporting).
- Contribute to the development and updating of the office-wide resource mobilization strategy consistent with the overall CPD and budget, based on a careful analysis of the international cooperation landscape.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify capacity strengthening needs of the CO on result-based reporting, analytical writing, and external communication for a strengthened advocacy/resource mobilization capacity. Provide on-site support or training to programme colleagues on these topics and provide feedback on the quality of donor reports or other materials.
- Identify or design various capacity development activities (individual, group, or existing online training, etc) based on the capacity needs of the CO to ensure that most up-to-date information and guideline are provided, and the team’s reporting capacity is enhanced.
- Participate actively in the community of practice and other corporate networks of partnership management/donor reporting or resource mobilization communities for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Roll out the reporting mechanisms while ensuring the linkage with monitoring/evaluation and result-based management, through capacity development of the team, troubleshooting and revision or updates of internal workflow or quality assurance mechanism as required.
- Construct, update and manage the office’s document archive system related to partnership management, including donor reports and proposals, contribution agreements, records of extension of grants and others.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree in International Development, Programme/Project Management, Financial Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Communication, or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, reporting, fund raising, programme design, programme management or monitoring and evaluation and other relevant areas.
- An experience in donor relationship and resource mobilization is a strong asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Formulating strategies and concepts [I]
- Relating and networking [I]
- Applying technical expertise [I]
- Planning and organizing [II]
- Analyzing [I]
- Learning and researching [II]
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection p