Video Producer Consultant
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women's rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women has the mandate to lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States' priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
UN Women Regional Office West and Central Africa is looking for a professional video producer who will provide the requested services on a retainer basis, in charge of producing high quality video products either for for the UN Women website, or social media. The retainer contract will not be engaged on full-time basis but only when required by UN Women Regional Office West and Central.
Duties and Responsibilities
SCOPE OF WORK AND SPECIFIC TASKS
Under the guidance of regional the Communication specialist, the video producer will work closely with UN Women Regional Office West and Central to produce high quality video products.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT AND DUTY STATION
The consulting firm and the artist will work under the direct supervision of Regional Communications Specialist, who will be responsible for the quality assurance of the deliverables.
UN WOMEN WILL PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING SUPPORT TO THE CONSULTING FIRM:
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in professional video production and editing (or film-making, direction, shooting etc.) required
- Professional video editor/producer with demonstrated experience in video production relating to development issues with experience using professional video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or similar;
- Experience with different video format conversions for download and online streaming;
- Longstanding experience in covering subject in a sensitive context and challenging environment;
- Previous experience in working with an UN agency is an asset;
- SAMPLES: For the quotation to be considered, the video producer must submit the following samples. Samples can be submitted as attached files, web links or as hard copy;
- 2 examples of short videos
- 1 example of long format video
- Written and oral proficiency in French and knowledge in English is strongly preferred.
- Interested firms can apply online or by submitting their proposal to UN Women Regional Office West and Central in a sealed envelope by indicating the title of the advertisement on the envelop;
- While submitting the proposal, the firm will also be required to submit the CVs of their professional creative artists;
Provide the list of the equipment and software