Consultancy: Data Management and Analysis of UNICEF Intergrated Early Child Development Longitudinal Study, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Phnom Penh (Cambodia)
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, is looking for an individual to provide support to generate knowledge in the area of health and nutrition by producing comprehensive and reliable evidence from the longitudinal study. It aims to provide up to date information on data collected through the UNICEF longitudinal study; conduct 2 in-depth analysis on Health, WASH and Nutrition and support the development of scientific, evidence-based documents; conduct dissemination of information from the UNICEF longitudinal study and conduct secondary data analysis of CDHS information collected between 2000 to 2020. If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, health.
The aim of the consultancy is to generate knowledge in the area of health and nutrition by producing comprehensive and reliable evidence from the longitudinal study. It aims to provide up to date information on data collected through the UNICEF longitudinal study; conduct 2 in-depth analysis on Health, WASH and Nutrition and support the development of scientific, evidence-based documents; conduct dissemination of information from the UNICEF longitudinal study and conduct secondary data analysis of CDHS information collected between 2000 to 2020.
How can you make a difference?
The assignment will be carried out by the consultant under the oversight of Chief of Child Survival and Development. The consultant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Reviews and analysis of relevant health, nutrition, WASH, cognitive and/or gender related data, statistics and information from the longitudinal study to support a more efficient delivery of UNICEF program projects and publications;
- Database management: cleaning, maintaining records and updating databases. Prepare datasets for data analysis, and ensuring a clean version of the collected data
- Preparing and improving access to specific datasets and database for users and partners of UNICEF’s longitudinal study
- Contributes to the preparation of dissemination documents related to statistical methods used within the longitudinal analysis process;
- Assists in improving access of users to and the dissemination of UNICEF’s longitudinal database;
- Participates in statistical field monitoring visits to improve data collection within the longitudinal study.
- Facilitate the communication between partners and other parties involved in the study
- Prepare documents and other materials to disseminate information
- Conduct data analysis relevant to the agreed topics based on data collected for longitudinal study
- Conduct a secondary data analysis of data of CDHS 2000-2020
- Contribute to the generation of other research articles through vast knowledge on project design and statistical methods.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in global public health with vast knowledge on nutrition and statistics
- Minimum two-year experience in health and nutrition data management, statistical data analysis and writing of research articles on child undernutrition
- Required: publications and conference presentations
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive and relevant experience in applied statistics
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience in using the statistical program R and the Microsoft Office package
- Basic knowledge of other statistical programs
- Strong analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communication, coordination and facilitation skill
- Experience in Cambodian context and within child nutrition and health research represent an asset.
- Applying technical expertise
- Drive for result
- Working with people
- Fluency in English
To view detail Terms of Reference for this assignment, please click here ToR consultancy data management and analysis for longitudinal study update 28 Nov 19.pdf
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.