Budget & Planning Financial Analyst (19-123)
BUDGET AND PLANNING FINANCIAL ANALYST The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible Budget and Planning Financial Analyst. This position is accountable for preparing the Staff institutional annual budget, comparing it to actual results, and reporting on variances from the budget as well as supporting the Budget and Planning Manager on day-to-day financial management.
About the role: This position will be based in Lima, Peru, and will report to the Budgeting & Planning Manager.
• Responsible for CIP’s staff annual budget and monitor staff time distribution. • Monitor Staff data into the system, especially focused on information needed for finance processes.
• Reviews Staff Costs Structure and timely payroll charges in close coordination with Accounting. Which also includes the costs related to staff time distribution. • Monitor the Budget and recovery for the internal service units.
• Prepares periodical detailed financial reports about Staff budget and expenses. • Providing financial analysis to budgets and forecasting to users.
• Key user for system updates related to staff data and time distribution. What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Public Finance, Administration or related field. • At least 3 years of professional experience in accounting, finance or related areas. • Advanced level in MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Knowledge and experience using accounting software packages (Desire). • Specialized in Book accounting records, tracking budget expenses and Budget management. • Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Administrative competencies: Organization and planning skills, Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work, good attention to detail and accuracy, multitasking skills.
• HR Competencies: trustworthiness and confidentiality, multilevel communication skills, ability to work in a multicultural environment, creative and innovator, excellent analytical reasoning skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background. • CIP isa World Food PriceWinner, and CIPhas been recently awardedthe Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender
equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is amember of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the
developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
What are we offering?
• Great career opportunity in an international organization.
• Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
• One-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional
qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on December 16 , 2019 and
will continueuntil the postis filled. All applicationswillbe acknowledged; only short-listed candidates
will be contacted.