Senior SCOPE Operations Associate-SC7, Teknaf/Cox's Bazar
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
SCOPE is WFP’s digital beneficiary management and delivery platform.
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range of Scope support activities especially, support WFP’s partners and other Agencies who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate efficient assistance delivery. The functions of this assignment require more frequent travel to the camps where the operations are based. The assignment has supervisory roles and oversight functions
The scope operations Associate will report directly to the SCOPE Operations Officer who is based at the Sub Office in Cox Bazaar
To lead Information Technology maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of IT services.
- Support partners using WFP digital platform for their operations with a focus on delivering high-quality technical support to enable timely distributions, managing error reporting and providing solutions.
- Provide operational guidance to beneficiaries and clients on issues related to transaction data security and transfer of information
- Support the operations and analysis of the e-voucher data and ensure safe transfer of information/payments into SCOPE or any other digital platform
- Perform back end and front-end backstopping and technical support to the participating partners and beneficiaries
- Process any complaints from the field and provide feedback on the steps taken to troubleshoot the problem
- Support the Programme team in the targeting, enrolment and preparation of the intervention and distribution cycles ensuring adherence to technical procedures
- Follow up on the tickets raised with the global support teams and ensure that they have been tested and implemented in SCOPE
- Identify technological improvements and advice management on the requirements and impact of the innovations
- Train both beneficiaries and partners on the new methodologies and applications relating to SCOPE to ensure smooth transition and adaptations
- Supervise, guide and build capacity of junior staff and provide feedback on their performance
University degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, business management or other relevant field, or diploma in the area of computer science, information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with at least 3 years of supervisory roles in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Experience in a client service-orientated environment.
- Has experience resolving more complex IT technical issues.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.|
|Technical Expertise||Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in SCOPE operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of customer IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
• Has participated in development of IT governance processes.
• Has gained additional exposure building relationships with the business counterparts on key IT initiatives.
• Has experience project managing small country level IT initiatives.
• Has coached, trained and mentored junior staff on building their technical capabilities.
Contract Duration : 12 months
Type of Contract : Service Contract (SC7)
Duty Station : Taknef/Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality : Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary : BDT. 130,824
Number of post: 2 (two)
17 December 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.