SCOPE Operations Officer, SC8, Teknaf/ Cox's Bazar
Cox's Bazaar (Bangladesh)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The incumbent is expected to deliver and complete a wide range of WFP beneficiary and transfer management system (SCOPE) support activities. Specifically, support is to be provided to WFP cooperating partners, retailers and other Agencies who are SCOPE platform users in order to facilitate effective assistance delivery. The functions of this assignment will be 70% field based and 30% in the office. SCOPE is WFP’s digital beneficiary management and delivery platform
Scope operations Officer will report directly to the SCOPE Operations Manager who is based at the Sub Office in Cox Bazaar and under the overall supervision of the Head of scope.
- Process and transfer of beneficiary and entitlement information to participating partners through a secure platform. The team will support the design of the secure information/payments transfer
- Develop or Support the design of digital delivery mechanisms to ensure compatibility of the systems
- Ensuring correct calculation of beneficiary entitlements on the digital platform
- Perform back end and front-end backstopping and technical support to the participating partners and beneficiaries
- Process any complaints from the field and provide feedback on the steps taken to troubleshoot the problem in the back end and provide technical guidance
- Support the Programme team in the targeting, enrolment and preparation of the various interventions and distribution cycles while adhering to technical procedures
- Manage the hardware and or the scheduling regular software upgrades
- Collate and analyses data regarding conditional assistance to feed into management and finance reports.
- Follow up on the tickets raised with the global support teams and ensure that they have been tested and implemented in WFP’s digital platform
- Identify technological improvements and formulate a business case for management approval
- Supervise, guide and train junior staff in the area of operation
University degree preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, business management or other relevant field, or diploma in the area of computer science, information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with at least 4 years of supervisory roles in an engaging and dynamic workplace environment.
- Experience in a client service-orientated environment.
- Has experience resolving more complex IT technical issues.
Language: Proficiency in English
- Demonstrate continuous updates of knowledge about new technologies and product modifications.
- Understand and follow established standards and protocols for service excellence in SCOPE operations to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Exhibit detailed understanding of customer IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs including identification of recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high-quality support service.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, coordinate workloads, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be creative yet analytical with a logical mind and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work unsupervised and under own initiative
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.|
|Technical Expertise||Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.|
|Requirement Definition & Management||Exhibits thorough understanding of business areas and processes to define, prioritize and customize IT infrastructure solutions to requirements.|
|System Design||Able to analyze broad product/service functionality to coordinate design of new technology or assist in technology integration/enhancements.|
|Solution Development||Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents programs from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools.|
Contract Type: Service Contract
Contract Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Teknaf/Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Nationality: Bangladeshi only
Monthly Net Salary: BDT 188,945.00 net.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.