UNV Conference Assistant
The volunteer will lead UNFPA’s participation in the conference preparation committees and subcommittees under the overall supervision of the organization committee and direct supervision from the UNFPA Event Coordinator.
The volunteer will be expected to complete the following tasks:
- Prepare agenda and minutes from The International Society of Obstetric Fistula Surgeons ( ISOFS) committees and subcommittees meetings, follow up on assigned tasks and coordinate reporting for the next meeting from the responsible parties;
- Draft correspondence on the basis of instructions; or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other concerned staff ;
- Disseminate invitation email with invitation letters, program information, registration form, abstract form, general and accommodation information note;
- Follow up on the delivery of invitations and confirmation of ISOFS/IOFWG participants;
- Maintain a list including contact information of counterparts, resource persons and list of participants;
- Ensure that invitation letters be sent to ISOFS/IOFWG participants in time
- Ensure that the event company provides everything requested, including meeting materials, visa assistance, transport arrangements, simultaneous interpretation, audiovisual equipment, and service maintenance as per the ToRs approved by UNFPA;
- Other activities pertaining to the conference as deemed necessary by the UNFPA.
- Academic: Diploma in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, Information Science or Health-related fields
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Experience in organizing international events/meetings preferred
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team; Initiative, sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with staff members from different national and cultural backgrounds
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Excellent knowledge of Portuguese and English.
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Good knowledge of the national health sector, planning, and reproductive health strategy is preferred.
- Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions in UN agencies will be an asset
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- Computer skills: Excellent skill in the use of basic office software like email, MS Excel, MS Word and Presentation software. Other relevant computer skills will be an added asset.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams