UNV Monitoring Assistant (Ribaue & Malema)
The Field Monitor, will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the Sub-office, while technical guidance related to project activities will be provided by the Senior Programme Assistant (based in Nampula) and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide extensive support to project’s implementation in the areas of operation;
- Be the Liaison person between participant stakeholders (farmers, buyers, agrodealers, district authorities, etc.) and WFP;
- Provide technical support to Support the smallholder farmers in agricultural marketing and use VFM platform to reach the market.
- In close collaboration with district authorities and cooperating partners mobilize, engage and register farmers to ensure participation in and adherence to the project;
- Ensure the delivery of relevant training to the participant farmers and other stakeholders;
- Follow-up training plans and conduct regular assessment on progress;
- Develop and update a list of traders with interest to procure agricultural products in local market;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to project sites, and collect, monitor and evaluate data in-formation to ensure that the objectives and activities of WFP are being met and that this is re-ported on a regular basis using the monitoring report templates;
- Ensure qualified services are provided by cooperating partners;
- Assist the SO on data collection from the cooperating partners and District Authorities and analysis on monthly basis;
- Submit monthly performance reports to SO and recommendations for improved performance on the programme implementation;
- Liaise and provide updates to districts authorities on the implementation and status of the projects;
- Undertake day to day office tasks, including responding to emails, telephone enquiries, filing, maintaining and updating of records and databases and financial management;
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be allocated, which may involve providing assistance in any area of the Project as may be required from time to time;
- Conduct regular (monthly) collection of food prices in the selected markets;
- Perform other related duties as required;
Degree in Agriculture, Rural development, Agribusiness or related fields
Fluency in Portuguese and Intermediate knowledge of English.
Fluency in Nampula’s local language (Macua) is essential.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
At least 2 years of experience field work with community engagement, smallholder farmers, agricultural production.
Experience in smallholder farmers marketing support is desirable.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners with varying interests and priorities.
Exposure to the agricultural marketing environment in Mozambique
Sound judgement and ability to resolve operational problems;
Excellent inter-personal, communication and facilitation skills;
Ability to work independently, with minimum of supervision, in a timely and organised manner;
Ability to develop and maintain networks with a variety of stakeholders;
Flexibility and adaptability to shifting goal posts and evolving client needs;
Willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work;
Ability to dialogue with colleagues and solicit information in a considerate and respectful manner;
Ability to drive motorcycles.Language skills:
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Computers and standard software packages and systems;
Excellent communication skills;Driving license: Yes Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams