UNV Administrave Associate (Procurement)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Procurement Analyst or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Administrative Associate (Procurement) will perform the following tasks:
1. Operational strategies
- Supports full compliance of administrative management and inventory ensuring that proper asset management is performed in adherence to UN/UNFPA rules, regulations, policies and strategies and that inventory procedures are complied with at all CO units.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
2. Asset administration
- Assist in setting up assets management procedures in the Country Office.
- Receiving, inspecting and verification of all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to users.
- Tagging all furniture/equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Update non-expendable property inventory record and track movement of furniture piece.
- Entry in corporate financial system (called ATLAS) of all the requisite asset management information“
- Support to the management on physical assets disposal. Review of assets and recommendation of physical assets for disposal. Documentation preparation for submission to Contracts, Assets Review Committee; follow up on request and liaise with requesting unit and maintenance for disposal action and entry in Atlas of all the requisite details for recording disposals. Oversight of disposal of items and accuracy of inventory data.
- Assist in the reconstruction of annual physical inventory verification exercise to ensure accuracy of records and location of property. Ensure that managers sign off on the physical count and correctness of the inventory system database.
- Preparation, certification and timely submission of inventory reports
- Support the identification of problem areas in the inventory system, input and conversion of data entered into the system and maintenance of the system and corrective actions taken to ensure reliability of information retrieved from the system.
3. Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Supports the development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Supports the management of e-procurement module.
- Assists in the raising and follow up of requisitions, purchase orders and in the timely processing of payments to vendors
- Maintains an office filing system and assist in archiving
- Provides hospitality/catering/logistical/administrative support and follow-up for meetings/conferences
- Provides logistical and administrative support and follow-up for all UNFPA events.
- Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring timely provision and maintenance of services and office supplies
- Verifies receipt of goods and services, ensuring specification, condition and quantities of goods are correct and paperwork is complete and properly filed
- Ensures the checking and timely collection of procured goods by programme staff; and puts measures into place to ensure that this happens
- Assist when required during inventory inspections
4. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
Secondary Education with specialized certification in Accounting, Finance, or other Administrative related field
University Degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration desirable, but it is not a requirement.Required experience: 24 Months Experience remark:
2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
Ability to work with Minimal Supervision and with good sense of initiative to keep the supervisor regularly informed of progressLanguage skills:
- Portuguese(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Working in Teams