Human Resources Officer
Position Number 407939
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe incumbent will be required to perform all or part of the following duties\:1. Formulate relevant HR strategies and policies in order to build workforce capable of delivering tangible results for project implementation in line with the objectives defined under the Country Cooperation Strategy.2. Guide and monitor the work of the Human Resources Assistants in carrying out all human resources administrative functions such as processing of contracts/agreements; reviewing the drafted correspondence; monitoring adherence to human resources policies and procedures and ensuring alignment with the WHO Rules and Regulations, HR manual and other administrative issuance at global and regional levels.3. Undertake disciplinary cases and grievances with sensitivity; examine complicated cases and carry out fact-finding and other departments as needed, and formulate submissions and recommendations as required; assess recommendations on extensions of contracts/ agreements and make recommendations when non-renewal or termination of agreement has been recommended by the project.4. Undertake preparation of technical correspondence, briefing material on substantive matters, prepare mandatory reports, statistical reports for the management with analysis and suitable recommendations as required.5. Coordinate selection process for assigned vacancies and /or restructuring exercises in the project and field operations; participate in the selection panels to provide support in the interpretation of the selection procedures and guidelines with a focus on WHO rules and regulations; manage surge and emergency recruitments for the projects/programme implementations.6. Provide advice on interpretation and application of policies regulations and rules for assigned projects/programmes; provide briefing on entitlements, clarify issues, respond to queries; determine and recommend entitlements on the basis of contractual status; review policies and procedures and recommend changes as required; initiate correspondence with Regional Office on matters related to contractual modalities.7. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the HR work plans, provide technical support for HR planning to ensure successful implementation and filling of the positions aligned with the priorities included in the Country Cooperation Strategy.8. Liaise with inter-agency and intra-agency as and when appropriate to build strong partnerships. Prepare special reports and participate in special human resources projects.
EducationEssential\: University degree in human resources management, public or business administration, Law, social science, or related field.
Desirable\: Knowledge of HR policies and practices in the UN Common System
ExperienceEssential\: At least one year experience in the field of human resources management services or positions involving HR management in the field and/or emergency response situations
Desirable\: Relevant experience in WHO, the UN System.
Skillsâ¢ Knowledge of human resources management policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in the country office setting.â¢ Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.â¢ Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to convey written information in an effective mannerâ¢ Sound analytical and organizational skills, with the ability to promote consensus, guide, and advise othersâ¢ Time management skills.
WHO global Competencies model at http\://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
(d) Producing results
(e) Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language SkillsExcellent knowledge of English and Arabic. Knowledge of French would be an asset.
REMUNERATIONRemuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at JOD 27,655 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that\: 1- Your profile is properly completed and updated; 2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided; 3- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CVs/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.