Project Coordinator (Education)
Post Number : ED/EO/SPM-PA 001
Grade : P-3
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 06-DEC-2019
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Unit for Strategic Planning, Monitoring, Institute and Field Coordination (ED/EO/SPM), within the Executive Office of the Education Sector, is responsible for supporting and coordinating strategic planning, fund-raising and partnerships, and implementation of Major Programme I; manages the Education Sector’s contribution to the Governing Bodies of UNESCO; coordinates the programme across all Education sector entities (Headquarters, Field offices, Category 1 Institutes) for increased programmatic coherence and impact.
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education (ADG/ED), the guidance of the Chief of the Executive Office(C/ED/EO) and the direct supervision of the Chief of Unit of ED/EO/SPM, the incumbent will coordinate the preparation of education-related briefings, assist in the Education Sector’s programme management cycle and provide support in the preparation of partnership documents. More specifically, the incumbent will:
- Coordinate and ensure efficient and timely preparation of briefings and key messages for senior management on all education-related matters, in English and in French, update the briefing database and coordination process to help the efficient preparation of briefings in the Education Sector. Foster constructive communication with Education Sector staff and other entities and facilitate knowledge sharing;
- Contribute to the Education Sector programme cycle management by assisting in the review of work plans and monitoring reports, ensuring coherence with the education strategy;
- Provide backstopping, support and guidance to Headquarters, Field and Category 1 Institutes colleagues in the preparation of memorandums of understanding (MoU) and partnership agreements, quality assure strategic coherence and contribution to the Education Sector's expected results geared towards SDG4;
- Coordinate the Sector's review of participation programme requests linked to education and represent the sector at the Participation Programme Committee.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in education, international relations, journalism, social sciences or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of education and coordination, of which at least 2 years acquired at the international level;
- Proven experience in formulating analysis in the field of education and drafting key messages and speeches;
- Proven experience in the field of coordination and planning.
Skills and competencies
- Proven ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Knowledge of partnership processes and practices;
- Strong analytical and coordination skills;
- Strong ability to team work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written);
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships (both within and outside the Organization);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent IT skills, including office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Excellent knowledge of English and French.
- Relevant experience with UNESCO and/or UN system;
- Familiarity of key education issues;
- Experience in high level UN meetings (HLPF, UNGA).
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.