Safety Management Trainee
- Type of traineeship: Safety Management Trainee
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: NMD/SAF - Operational Safety, SQS & Integrated Risk Management Unit
- Publication date: 03/12/2019
- Closing date: 23/12/2019
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Safety team identifies the safety issues at network level by developing and implementing safety methods. The Safety team is looking for a bright trainee who will provide support to the safety management measurement and safety tools activities.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The successful candidate will be supporting in the collection and analysis of SMS data, as well as the testing of safety tools. One of the tools is TOKAI which stands for the Tool-kit for Air Traffic Management (ATM) occurrence investigations, a complex tool that is designed to collect, investigate, store and analyse occurrences (i.e. incidents and accidents).
We are looking for a dynamic trainee who will:
- Support the project manager in collection of data from participating Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) in the standard of Excellence (SoE) measurement;
- Test for functionalities and bugs the TOKAI safety tool;
- Help in handling data extracts and development of dashboards for TOKAI.
In return, we want you to have the best possible first work experience and get you ready to take off in your professional career. We will mentor you and train you so that you can gain new skills and put your knowledge into practice.
From 6 to 12 months.
- Aeronautical Engineering background, preferably with specialisation in Air Navigation;
- Having undertaken courses in the following disciplines, would be an asset: Safety Investigation, Safety Analysis and Human factors;
- Good analytical skills backed by a strong mastering of MS Excel capabilities;
- Knowledge of IT tools such as MatLab, SQL and MS Power BI will be a strong asset;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have an excellent command of English and preferably at least a working knowledge of French. The knowledge of an additional language would be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.