National Environmental expert
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the FAO Representative in Syria, and in close collaboration with relevant programme and operations staff, the national Environmental Expert will support the development and implementation of FAO-GCF readiness support programme “GCP/SYR/020/GCR”. The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
· Liaises and assists government authorities and local, national and international institutions in implementing the activities of the above mentioned project, in close cooperation with the National Designated Authority (NDA) in the Ministry of Local Administration and Environment.
· Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization's mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including the support of the implementation of FAO's regulatory framework in the country;
· Participates in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals related to environment and climate change including, but not limited to, national adaptation plan, proposal of adaptation funds.
· Participates in monitoring and reviewing the status of implementation for programme/project related to environment and climate change to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; identify inconsistencies and delays and when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
· Liaises with FAO regional office (RNE) and FAO-HQ in implementing steps of the project,
· Prepare TORs, reports, organize workshop, and assist in supervising consultant/experts/assistant involved in the project.
· Play an effective role in strengthening the relationship between FAO and MoLAE
· Provide any other technical support as required.
key performance indicators
Required Completion Date:
Monthly progress report on achievement against the above tasks.
- University degree in agriculture/engineering/environmental sciences, or other related subjects preferably focus on climate and environment,
-Five years of professional experience in environmental related subjects.
-Fluency in English & Arabic.
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English directly to :
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject.
Only national Syrian CVs will be considered for shortlisting