LOGISTIC COORDINATOR LOCATION: UKRAINE, SEVERODONETSK
MdM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine (Luhansk oblast, government and non-government controlled areas – GCAs and NGCAs, Donetsk oblast government controlled area). The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
Logistics Coordinator will be in charge of the overall logistic support provided to the mission (both in Government and Non-Government Controlled Areas). In particular, the LogCo will monitor logistics implementation of projects in compliance with the defined strategy and donors’ regulations. The LogCo will be responsible of the implementation and follow-up of logistics procedures; will assure technical supervision to the logistics team and the security officer; will provide technical support to the following-up of the security context and situation, and propose adapted behavior, under the responsibility of the General coordinator.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION
The successful candidate will be based in Severodonetsk (Luhansk oblast GCA (50%)), with frequent visits to Bakhmut (Donetsk oblast GCA), Kyiv and non-government controlled areas.
The successful candidate will be part of the Coordination team (2 Field Coordinators, Medical Coordinator, MHPSS Coordinator, Administrative Coordinator, Advocacy coordinator) and will report to the General Coordinator in Ukraine, as well, he/she will have direct technical link with Logistic Referent in HQ.
• Works with the Coordination team to define mission objectives, strategies, procurement needs and budgets, procurement plans and ensures their day-to-day monitoring, management and reporting
• Defines/adapts, implements and follows-up the logistical and procurement activities required to achieve general objectives, in close collaboration with the General Coordinator.
• Defines and implements logistic process and ensures that everyone is trained and respecting these processes
• Performs the role of technical adviser and take final responsibility for all logistical tasks of the mission
• Responsible for the appropriate selection (in collaboration with the Logistics Referent in the HQ), installation, use and maintenance of equipment across the following technical disciplines: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc.
• Supports and assists field’s technical choices for the various logistical areas (procurement, construction, safety, etc.)
• Guarantees the availability, implementation and management of all the technical and logistical resources required to carry out the operations of the mission,
• Harmonizes logistics tools and procedures for the mission
• Takes part in assessments as per requirement
• Develops and maintains good network of contacts to facilitate emergency response (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provides logistics support to operations.
• Ensures the filling, follow-up and archiving of the procurement / logistics documents; contributes to capitalization at the mission level (park state, purchase follow-up, donation follow-up…)
• Ensures timely and transparent sharing of information with log, program and admin teams, the coordination team in order to ensure good understanding of the logistics activities and logistics priorities
• Responsible for the communication related to procurement / logistic issues with the Logistic referent in the HQ.
• Responsible for monthly reporting: monthly logistics report, Situation Report, ongoing contracts, procurement files, inventories.
• Provides technical advice in elaboration of mission security guidelines and the contingency plan
• Implements the general security policy in collaboration with the General Coordinator, the Security officer and Field Coordinators
• Ensures that all necessary measures are taken in order to avoid theft, destruction or other type of damage of MDM material and property.
• Provides technical supervision to the Security officer on technical aspects of security management
• Guarantees the security of transport (passengers and goods),
• Ensures, with the Security officer, Fieldcos and the GenCo, the feasibility of evacuation plans (resources, assessment of the context, etc.)
• Organizes security trainings, briefings and assures that MdM mission’s staff and visitors know and implement missions’ security guidelines
• Ensures that storage, packing and management of stocks are done according to MdM regulations
• Provides logistical support to medical department to ensure adequate storing, packing and pharmacy management.
• Ensures there is a close monitoring and regular physical counting of the stocks in the mission.
• Ensures that communication means in the mission have the required level and quality.
• Ensures a permanent access to communication between HQ and the mission and between all bases.
• Ensures all staff benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the mission, i.e. satellite phones, etc.
• Ensures that all numbers and frequencies are updated and available to all staff in the mission.
Vehicles and Engines
• Ensures that the fleet of vehicles meets the needs of the mission and complies with MDM standards.
• Ensures the quality and efficiency of the service required for all vehicles and engines, according to MDM guidelines.
• Ensures the safety and the organisation of all MDM staff and materials transportation.
• Ensures the safety, proper use, proper storage and maintenance of MDM material.
• Ensure that inventories of all material and equipment used exist and are updated.
• Technical follow up and capacity building of the logistics staff
• Participates in selection and follow up of all logistics related staff.
• Contributes to the proper induction of new staff, ensuring that logistics briefings are done with relevant staff.
• Identifies people showing potential within the logistic staff.
• Ensures a proper handover of all the logistics responsibilities to the national staff.
• Academic: University degree or diploma.
• A Master in International Cooperation / Logistics and/or Humanitarian Aid is desirable.
• Languages: Fluent spoken and written English. Russian/Ukrainian is an asset.
• Office pack user level.
• The successful candidate must have at least 5 years’ field experience in emergency situations. At least 3 years’ experience in positions with similar responsibility and working on planning, design, management and monitoring of programmes from NGDO in fragile scenarios to complex emergencies.
• Experience in project planning, implementation and evaluation is desirable. Team coordination experience.
• Experience in security policies implementation in conflict zones.
• High organizational capacity and for adaptation to emergency and post-emergency situations.
• Proven capacity for team leadership and management.
• Team work and networking capacity.
• Thoroughness and self-sufficiency at work.
• Strict compliance with the safety protocols established for the country and MdM mission
• Identification with the lines of work, values and mission of Médicos del Mundo.
To join immediately.
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts