Data Warehouse Engineer
- Function title: Data Warehouse Engineer
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AST/164
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication: AST4-5
- Type of post: Assistant (AST1-AST9)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting is required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/TS/Airspace, Capacity and Environment
- Competition publication date: 04/12/2019
- Competition closing date: 08/01/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Technical Systems unit is responsible for the maintenance and evolution of software products which support MUAC in achieving its capacity targets and sustain the growing air traffic demand. In addition, it provides resources to various projects in its area of expertise.
Your role will be to:
- Design, develop and maintain software and systems used by MUAC operations, ensuring a consistent level of availability, reliability and quality;
- Maintain and develop in particular the Data Warehouse (DWH) subsystem of the service’s portfolio;
- Analyse technical and operational Problem Reports, determine the root causes and fix the problems;
- Analyse requirements in close collaboration with users, including production of prototyping by evaluating, identifying and designing innovative software solutions to satisfy business needs;
- Implement bug fixes and changes, including testing, demonstration to users, and production of documentation;
- Participate in projects and tasks forces, and give support to subsystems and system integration/testing related activities;
- Interact with suppliers of DWH platform components;
- Ensure training of team members as and when required.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma (i.e. bachelor degree in software engineering or computer science, etc).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence information and infrastructure product architecture, design, development, deployment, maintenance and evolution (e.g. DV2.0).
- Experience in DWH automation and scripting (e.g. ODI SDK, Groovy, XSD), data lineage, data quality, data dictionary and data visualisation in a self-service user environment.
- Knowledge in performance-related aspects of ATC, ATFCM and ASM would be an asset.
- English technical drafting skills.
- Analytical thinking: analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues.
- Creativity and innovation: applies new approaches.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Team work: fosters team work.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties. For this particular post, candidates must have thorough knowledge of English (written/oral).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.