Programme Associate_Resilience and Climate Change
Duties and Responsibilities
- •Implementation support to the programmes and projects under Resilience and Climate Change Unit.
- •Implementation support to programme strategies
- •Support with management of the CO programme
- •Creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy
- •Provision of top quality policy advice services to the Government and facilitation of knowledge building and management
- Provide implementation support support towards projects under the Resilience and Climate Change Unit. This support is inclusive of all stages of the project covering its preparatory and inception-phase through to start up and implementation.
- Support the country office in liasing with programme partners, particularly key government stakeholders, donors and other UN agencies.
- Support the country office in monitoring the progress of projects and ensuring that the overall project commitments are met according to the project documents.
- Support the country office in quality assurance of the outputs and activities of projects including field based monitoring and support.
- Promote a substantive and strategic policy engagement on climate change with government and development partners, building on and ensuring consistency with international policy guidance on climate change provided by HQ
- Support the development of a programmatic approach to integrate climate risk management in the existing framework documents (CPD) and project portfolios across all practice areas.
- Provide support to the country programme in identifying and addressing climate related risks and opportunities in all practice areas such as resilience and climate change, governance, policy and inclusive growth, gender, capacity development) within UNDP as well as within the UN system.
- Provide support in the area of climate change adaptation & mitigation to the initiatives of the country office including related project conceptualization, formulation and implementation
- Identify and elaborate UNDP components of the UN approach.
- Promote cross practice collaboration (poverty, governance, CPR, gender, capacity development) within UNDP as well as within the UN system
- Prepare and adapt inputs to policy briefs/position papers that address links between climate change and other development concerns, in collaboration with other practices such as governance, poverty reduction, gender, crisis prevention and recovery, and capacity development.
- Explore the potential for private sector partnerships on climate change and explore opportunities for carbon/environmental financing.
- Support projects to collect, maintain (in organized and logical manner) and disseminate knowledge products produced by the project teams.
- Work with projects to provide support towards the communication and advocacy requirements of the RCC unit.
- Provide support in the management of the implementation of projects and their components as described in project documents.
- Provide support to analyze and identify any issue that requires attention by the Project Manager and UNDP Country Office, and prepare succinct reports for discussion.
- Apply principles of gender and social inclusion as the cross-cutting issue in every aspect of the project implementation and management.
- Maintain close cooperation with, UNDP Country Office, other partners and donors in implementing project activities.
- Ensure full compliance of operations with UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies, implementation of operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring of achievement of results
- Coordinate the overall organization of training and workshops and produce reports.
- Support the UNDP Country Office and National Implementing Partners (as required) in preparing annual and quarterly work plans for projects.
- Support to periodic and systemic monitoring of the day to day progress of the projects based on these work plans and prepare reports for management reveiw.
- Regularly update the Risk Log, HR plan and Procurement Plan.
- Support to projects in preparation of annual and quarterly progress reports as well as other reports for UNDP, donors, and other stakeholders, as per project requirements. Based on the M & E framework in the project documents, support towards developing and refining indicators for the effective implementation of the project.
- Creation & maintenance of projects in Atlas, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project.
- Conducting financial transactions in ATLAS, such as creation of requisitions and receipts, and maintaining financial records.
- Request for FACE Forms and quarterly reports from the IPs and ensure they are entered into the system on a timely manner.
- Ensure efficient payments for invoices, Direct Payment Requests received by the unit.
- Presentation of information for audits and evaluations as required.
- Maintain the procurement plan and follow up on the timelines with individuals. Prepare supporting documents for procurement, contract management and payment schedules.
- With the support of the Operations Division of Country Office and the UNDP Global Shared Service Centre in Kuala Lumpur, coordinate and oversee the execution of UNDP supported procurements for projects;
- Guide and supervise subordinate staff on HR and Procurement related matters;
- Support in the preparation of Term of References (ToR) and/or specification for project positions/procurements in consultation with the Technical Team and UNDP Country Office staff;
- Support the technical team to ensure the delivery of quality work.
- Preparation of non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for development projects, register of goods receipt in Atlas.
- Making budget check for requisitions, POs and vouchers.
- Arrangement of appointments and meetings, and/or taking minutes.
- Organization of travel including; authorizations, transportation, accommodation, DSAs, financial and procurement processes as per applicable rules and procedures.
- Making timely payments in accordance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, meetings, retreats.
- Support to arrangements of project field visits
- liaising with communication unit to arrange for media involvement, press conferences & press releases
- Systematic filing is established in the unit.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with 7 years of relevant experience or bachelor's degree in Environment, Climate Change, Social Science or Project Management, Business or Public Administration or related field with 2 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience related to the area of climate change, environment, disaster management and/or project/programme management. Particular focus on experience in working in water and sanitation sector.
- Background in partnership building is desirable.
- Experience working with government, donors or the UN previously is an asset
- Experience in policy analysis, development work in the area of climate change and related issues is desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global debate and policy on climate change and experience in multilateral environmental debates and dialogues and processes is an added advantage
- Experience in development planning and project management and implementation is a major asset.
- Language Requirements:Proficiency in English and Dhivehi
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
In case there are any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org