Physical Security Coordinator
- Function title: Physical Security Coordinator
- Reference: NOC-MA-2019-AST/165
- Location: Maastricht
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication: AST3-4-5
- Type of post: Assistant (AST1-AST9)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting is required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/Facilities
- Competition publication date: 04/12/2019
- Competition closing date: 08/01/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the Facilities service is responsible for provision of soft and hard facility management and physical security services.
Your role will be to:
- Ensure continuity of the security service on site, supervise the daily activities of the team and guide them in the execution of their tasks;
- Ensure coordination with the management of external service providers on activities and performance and maintain a status overview of these services;
- Manage the administrative procedures for controlling access to the MUAC premises regarding access rights and screening of internal and/or external staff (e.g. visitor management) and all security and safety related services (switchboard, reception, …) and activities (alcohol and drugs checks, keys, …);
- Ensure the correct and timely input of all activities/data, including reporting of incidents, recording of data in security databases and to provide regular reports to the MUAC Physical Security Manager;
- Support with the development, implementation and communication (e.g. briefings, trainings, instructions, etc) of physical security policies, concepts, procedures and guidelines, and ensure their implementation;
- Support the set-up of projects, plans, policies and procedures, and the analysis of consequences to these;
- Organise and coordinate, in close cooperation with MUAC’s Local Advisor for Prevention & Protection at Work (LAPP/SPP), all operational activities related to the Safety, Health and Environment domain (e.g. enrol Primary Intervention Team (PIT) volunteers, organise training, draft activity reports, manage the asset inventory etc.);
- Act as functional administrator for assigned systems and installations, ensure provision of training for the back-up and end-users, initiate appropriate actions when changes are required and provide functional requirements;
- Provide firefighting, first aid and alert outside assistance when required (fire brigade, ambulance, police, ...);
- Liaise with internal and external actors in the physical security and safety field (SQS, LAPP, Technical teams, Fire brigade etc.
- Assist in the preparation of the service’s annual and 5-year budget planning.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma (e.g. Bachelor in Safety and Security management, etc) or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and relevant professional experience of at least 3 years, or professional training of an equivalent level.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in safety and security activities.
- Experience or ability in working with external service providers.
- BHV (Bedrijfshulpverlening) certification or equivalent is mandatory.
- VCA VOL certification (Veiligheid, gezondheid en milieu checklist aannemers) would be considered an asset.
- English drafting skills.
- Team work: builds collaborative team(s).
- Managing people: sets and implements team standards.
- Problem-solving: anticipates and solves business issues.
- Customer focus: adapts services to respond to customer needs.
- Planning and organization: plans ahead and adapts as required.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have a thorough knowledge of English (written/oral) and knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties. Knowledge of Dutch would be considered an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.