Procurement Assistant – Goods & Services
Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Procurement Specialist or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement Assistant will:
- Provides support in the implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Performs other duties as may be required
- Supports procurement processes for CO, NEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of inputs to preparation of services procurement plans for the office, RSCA and Projects.
- Support to organization of procurement processes,
- Update the procurement status on PROMPT to help system of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Support on submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Makes the travel arrangements: bookings/TA’s/Purchase of tickets
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, maintenance of the filing system in the procurement Unit.
- Implementation of the internal control system that ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Create contract on ATLAS contract management module for each procurement case.
- Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Support on asset counts as per corporate requirement
- Backstops the procurement team in case of absence.
- Performs other duties as may be required
- Contributes to implementation of sourcing strategy focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Support on the development and management of the rosters of suppliers, LTA, etc
- Participate on supplier selection and evaluation, and document performance record of suppliers;
- Support on the implementation of the e-procurement system
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement Management, Business Administration, Management, Accounting or related fields.
- Masters Degree on Supply chain will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in related area
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to contract, asset and procurement management, including screening, collecting and preparation of documentation, data processing, preliminary bids evaluation, filing, provision of information, control of assets
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new system
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams