Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and planning to run an office in Yobe, besides 50 staff members subject to an increase in the near future.
The overall purpose of this role is to support the Program Quality Assurance unit perform its key tasks including grants management, reporting and visibility.
- University degree in a relevant field such as international relations, project management, development studies, business administration, social sciences or equivalent;
- At least 2 years of professional experience with an international humanitarian / development organization with responsibilities of grants/program management;
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, humanitarian mine action and armed violence reduction;
- Familiarity with USAID, DFID, UN and EU donors with special attention to reporting and archiving requirements;
- English – fluent with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication.
- Knowledge and fluency in Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria
- Ability to represent DRC to local groups and community members;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context.
Availability: Jan 2020
Salary and conditions: In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
How to apply
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Deadline date. 17/12/2019 Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk