Washington, D. C. (United States of America)
LINC is a small business headquartered in Washington DC dedicated to strengthening local actors and systems. At LINC, we believe that a practical approach to engaging committed, capable local actors increases international development effectiveness and sustainability. We are a team of reflective development professionals, passionate and energetic in our work and united in our commitment to locally-led development. For more information on LINC, please visit www.linclocal.org
LINC is seeking a Program Associate with at least 3 years of prior backstopping experience on donor funded projects, preferably USAID. The Program Associate provides support on all financial, contractual and programmatic works associated with LINC’s diverse and growing program portfolio. Backstopping responsibilities include supporting periodic program and financial project reporting, consultant communications and coordination, and contract management. This position is member of LINC’s Program Management Unit (PMU) and is based in Washington, DC.
LINC’s dynamic environment requires the successful candidate to be highly motivated and flexible, able to achieve goals and advance activities with minimal oversight. Specific responsibilities of the position include:
- Supports drafting and copyediting of project reports and other deliverables;
- Coordinates internally among multiple staff members to produce and update communications and content for a specific project portfolios;
- Works with the Program Manager to support measurement, documentation and assessment of project-level monitoring and evaluation;
- Supports monitoring program budgets and reconciling field office expenditures, invoices, and monthly advances, as well as consultant invoices;
- Supports project consultants by developing and monitoring agreements, and ensuring high quality timely delivery of requirements;
- Supports consultant, sub-grant, and subcontract management and oversight;
- Supports the development of scopes of work for short-term assistance and other technical contributions;
- Maintains tracker of all personnel (including long-term and short-term consultants), project reports, and deliverables;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that may include administrative and project management tasks.
Supervisory and Reporting Responsibility
The Project Associate will report to the Senior Program Director.
Skills and Qualifications
LINC is a small, growing business that encourages proactive, flexible and team-oriented staff to thrive and grow with us. The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, team-oriented staff member with demonstrated organizational and communications skills, experience supporting / backstopping international donor-funded projects, and a passion for improving effectiveness of social change efforts around the world. Specific qualifications include:
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, international relations, business administration, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with donor-funded activities; familiarity with USAID priorities and programming is preferred.
- Experience supporting USAID programs or knowledge of USAID rules and regulations required;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills,
- Strong aptitude in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize; and
- Experience living overseas and/or fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic is desired.