Requisition ID: req7417
Job Title: Human Resource & Admin. Manager
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The HR/Admin Manager is responsible for ensuring that the day-to-day HR functions are performed in accordance with IRC policies, procedures and HR best practices and for providing advice and guidance to staff on HR policies and procedures. Under the supervision of the HR Coordinator is responsible for providing effective and efficient HR services to the programs, optimize the HR functions, supervise and mentor the HR/Admin team in Kampala.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Human Resources Management
- Under the guidance of the HR Lead in Kampala, ensure the HR commitments in the Country Program SAP are effectively implemented.
- Ensure the IRC Core Values (IRC Way) are systematically communicated to all staff (new and existing staff).
- Ensure Organizational development initiatives are effectively implemented.
- Participate actively in the review of existing HR/Admin policies and procedures.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Uganda Labour Act and regulations, IRC Uganda National Staff policies and ensuring compliance and consistent application.
Talent Acquisition, Management and Staff Development
- Lead transparent recruitment processes and ensure all sectors comply with recruitment related policies and procedures including and not limited to advertisement of positions, consistent documentation of the recruitment process (interviews notes, reference check, ATC check, etc).
- Coordinate and facilitate the integration/transition processes to assure new and transferred staff receive an effective onboarding.
- Ensure IRC Performance Management Program is effectively implemented by providing regular trainings on performance management, objectives setting, monitoring and coaching, performance review process, etc.
- Lead and facilitate required activities for staff development and career planning by providing sufficient information and guidance to staff on existing staff development resources like IRC Learning portal.
- Support supervisors and employees in their development and career plans design and implementation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Actively participate on the salary review process by providing sufficient information to the HR lead.
Staff Welfare/Well being
- Ensure all staff and dependents are registered to the medical insurance coverage, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the coverage is functioning well.
- Communicates daily with IRC designated health care provider to review any cases of life-threatening illness among staff and troubleshoot any specific staff health issues that cannot be resolved by the care provider.
- Ensuilitate employee exit process and archive all required documents.
- Facilitate employee relations resolution based on local laws and IRC standards;
- Facilitate relationships between labor/social services and IRC staff.
- Manage employee relations and discipline in accordance with the IRC's policy and local law
- In collaboration with function coordinators and managers, ensure all termination documentation is completed before being forwarded to HR Lead for review.
- Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits
- Directly supervise the HR/Admin Officers based in Kampala and ensure all work duties are performed satisfactorily.
- Liaise and provide HR technical support and guidance to the HR Field Focal Points.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting from the field offices.
2. General Administration
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing
- Manage and monitor all IRC offices and homes acquisitions, administration, maintenance.
- Lead the signing, monitoring, renewal and termination of contracts and payments with suppliers, service providers and landlords
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences
- Ensure compliance of administrative policies and procedures with IRC standards and local law.
- Control and ensure permanent monitoring of HR strategic metrics
- Compile strategic HR metrics information for the Country Office and share with the HR lead
- Review and submit weekly and monthly recruitment reports
- Review and submit monthly staff leave accrual
- Review and submit monthly renewal and termination of contracts
- Review and submit payments with suppliers, service providers (lessors, hotels).
- Review and share with relevant staff, the accommodation tracking sheet
- Ensures coordination and monitoring of shared activities between HR, administration and Supply Chain.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization).
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Social Sciences.
- Professional HR certification is highly desirable
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
- A least 5 years of mid-senior management experience in similar role.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Previous team leader experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management;
- Systematic, good administrative skills, appropriate HR background and experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, Windows, MS office programs, email programs, and radio VHF-HF communication.
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Works collaboratively with team members to achieve results.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds.
- Good time management skills and flexibility to continuously re-prioritize
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to take both initiative and direction;
- Able to respond rapidly to changing environments, yet remain productive and focused;
- Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and outlook)
- Willingness to travel frequently to field offices Bidibidi, Imvepi, etc.
Security: Kampala is Security Level 2 - yellow.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Deadline for receiving applications is 20th December 2019.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.