Admin and Logistics Assistant
Mexico City (Mexico)
IDLO is committed and engaged with Mexican institutions to support the rule of law in Mexico by strengthening the capacity of police institutions as they apply the police professionalization process as part of the country’s criminal justice system reform. The project will focus on capacity development in three areas. The first one focuses on supporting initial training for the preventive police at the municipal level under the Professionalization Framework Program (PRP) and certification process to improve their competence and professionalism. Next, the project will enhance the knowledge and skills of first responders to improve their performance in the criminal process and therefore the quality of criminal justice. The third area will address the capacity of procedural police to consolidate the units at the state level to ensure adequate implementation of the criminal justice system.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy. It coordinates the necessary monitoring, coordination, compliance, quality control, and progress reporting of programs.
Key results expected:
- Provide administrative support to the Office and ensure process integrity and compliance with IDLO processes and rules.
- Support the day-to-day administrative and logistical requirement of program activities.
- Support general office maintenance and ensure all office equipment and facilities are well maintained and accessible.
- Support the organization of travels and missions as requested by the Adminitration, HR and Logistic Specialist.
- Assist the program team in preparing documentation for workshops as requested.
- Assist in filing and scanning of documents as requested.
- Assist in managing office supplies including office stationery.
- Support the HR focal point for queries related to leave management, insurance and contractual issues.
- Coordinate issuance of business cards/badges for new staff and upon request.
- Support the implementation of consistent templates and tools across the various programs.
- Organize and maintain file on sharepoint.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
- University degree in in business administration, public policy or other relevant social sciences.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience providing transactional support.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities;
- Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees.
The successful candidate will be contracted for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension, depending on satisfactory performance and continued funding availability.For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer a monthly basic salary in the range of USD 1,800 and an additional benefits package including health Insurance coverage, 30 days annual leave, sick leave and official holidays.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline is 2 January 2020 and kindly note that only short- listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.