Strategic Partnership Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and service-oriented professional for the position of Strategic Partnerships Officer to support the effective coordination of funder relationships and resource mobilization at CIMMYT.
The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Main Campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico (located 45 km east of Mexico City, Mexico), and will interact with other CIMMYT offices around the world on a regular basis.
- Gather, analyze, and share information on funders, potential projects, and best practices for compelling and effective proposals.
- Research and collect potential new funding opportunities and projects on a monthly basis.
- Review the monthly pipeline report, including CIMMYT’s overall budget report, and ensure accuracy and completeness of the information.
- Coordinate and assist in the facilitation of meetings between CIMMYT’s Director General and funders in collaboration with the Director General’s office, Programs and Communications Unit.
- Contribute to the coordination of funder visits to CIMMYT’s Headquarters in collaboration with the Director General’s office and Communications Unit.
- Act as the secretariat for the Resource Mobilization Management Committee, including preparation of agendas and summaries of meetings.
- Provide advice and recommendations to CIMMYT’s Director General, Programs and Project Leaders on resource mobilization.
- Foster relationship with Director General’s office, Programs, Project Leaders and the Communications Unit.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Graduation with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, International Development, Project Management or similar field.
- Experience in:
- Analysis, synthesis and planning for improved mobilization of resources to support initiatives/programs in large organizations. Alternatively, national and/or international policy development experience may be accepted if the candidate can demonstrate transferable skills to resource mobilization.
- Providing analysis and strategic advice and recommendations to senior executives of large organizations on a variety of policy/program/project issues and their implications (verbally and written).
- Horizontal collaboration with units within large organizations in order to implement organization-wide initiatives.
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management while working in large organizations.
- Leading and working in teams with limited direction and oversight.
- Preferred: Working in a large funder organization (e.g., foundation, multilateral organization).
- Best practices and principles for resource mobilization by non-governmental organizations.
- Tools to support resource mobilization, including constituency relationship management database and records.
- Interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration.
- Customer orientation.
- Analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills in English, with Spanish language skills desirable.
- Proficiency in various office software and web technologies.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19265 Strategic Partnerships Officer by clearly indicating how they meet each of the education and experience criteria for this position in their cover letters. Using each of the education and experience criteria as headers, provide clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how you obtained the experience. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Karen Luna, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening and follow up of applications start on Friday, 3 December 2020.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.