Juba (South Sudan)
The incumbent will report to the Telephone Unit Supervisor and will perform the following of the technical functions:
- Participate in the planning and implementation of Cisco Unified Communication infratucture;
- Provides support to the Mission staff at assigned duty station through CUCM / switches configuration, installation of end user terminal (VOIP), installation of cabling infrastructure, and UCM network troubleshooting;
- Use network management tools to monitor, analyse, and report resources utilization;
- Implement and support network security features on CUCM network infrastructure;
- Assist on the preparation of specifications for the requisition of equipment related to the CUCM operation;
- Work with the networking management unit to implementation and support IP telephony services based on Cisco infrastructure;
- Perform other related duties as directed by the technical Supervisor;
- Assisting with the UNV ‘buddy programme” for newly arrived UN Volunteers;
- Dedicated time for training and capacity-building of national staff in the Telephone unit.
Higher secondary school or technical/vocation diploma is required or university and other courses/trainings related to work are desirable.Required experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 4 years experience working with Cisco hardware configuration and implementation.
- Experience with Unified Communications system (Voice over IP and video) systems integration.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Minimum level of Cisco Certification at the Professional level (CCNP or CCDP) is required and certification / experiance on Mitel mxone is desired;
- Hands on experience with configuring Cisco routers and switches in a VOIP system integration;
- Working experience on implementing and supporting a Unified Communications infrastructure in a cisco environment (video and Voice);
- Implementation of QoS features as they pertain to VoIP implementation;
- Good knowledge of IP telephony protocols such as MGCP, H323, SIP, SCCP, ISDN, E1 and QoS features as they pertain to VoIP implementation;
- Excellent written and spoken English, and ability to write technical documents;
- Have a valid driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4x4 vehicles;
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams