New Delhi (India)
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMMETo increase the awareness in Member States of WHO's policies and public health issues in general, and to gain public support for its achievement, through the design of a comprehensive communication policy and strategy for WHO-SEARO.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESUnder the general supervision and guidance of the Public Information and Advocacy Officer (PIA), the incumbent performs a variety of administrative support functions as follows\:
1. Assists in staging approved content for online communications. This includes SEARO homepage, media center, RD's page and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and You tube).
2. Collects, captions, catalogue photos and checks for copyrights. Maintains SEARO online photo repository. Uploads photos WHO/SEARO photo library. Assist in conducting photo search and edits photos for advocacy products.
3. Conducts daily Media Monitoring of all electronic media from SEAR countries, compile and circulate to all staff.
4. Updates and maintains a country-wise media list in a web-based database like âMail chimpâ.
5. Ensures safe storage of exhibits/posters and advocacy material.
6. Provides administrative support to the SEARO communication training program.
7. Drafts routine correspondence, emails, memorandum in accordance with standard office procedure.
8. Provides administrative support in organizing press briefings and media workshops.
9. Makes travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel authorization and assembles information pertinent to purpose of travel.
10. Arranges appointments/meetings and maintain supervisor's calendar, receives calls from media.
11. Assists in production and dissemination of press releases, media statements, op-eds, videos and other advocacy material and performs other related duties as required.
EducationEssential\: Completion of Secondary School Education
ExperienceEssential\: At least 3 years of administrative/clerical related experience.
SkillsAbility to perform calmly and efficiently under pressure within short deadlines and in evolving situations is essential.Knowledge of WHO staff procedures/processes. Familiarity with internet and social media.
Other skills (eg IT skills)\:
This position requires a willingness to acquire new knowledge about latest communication technology such as internet-based software like Mailchimp, SEARO content management system. Due to the high visibility and high sensitivity of information handled by this unit, the incumbent needs to have demonstrated discretion and judgment when dealing with internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent needs to have demonstrated ability to work with other technical units. The unit's work involves short deadline and evolving situations. Proficiency in the use of modern office software packages such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.) and standard office equipment. Knowledge of Photoshop is an advantage. Good working knowledge of GSM (or other Oracle-based ERP systems) is desirable.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential\: Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Hindi.
REMUNERATIONWHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at INR 608,064 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Please note applications should be submitted through WHO's online recruitment portal. Please visit www.who.int/careers to complete an online profile and to apply to this vacancy.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- The written test for shortlisted candidates will tentatively be held during the period 10 to 21 February 2020.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.