Virginia Beach (United States of America)
Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking a Logistics Manager to provide facilities, services, people, material, and budgetary direction in support of USDR operations. In this role, you will have the responsibility to make sure that the right supplies and goods are stored, tracked and are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. Our Logistics Manager is setting up the disaster relief teams for success by making sure they have all the materials they need to respond to natural disasters.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Employ a broad range of knowledge of logistical policies and procedures to ensure adequate logistical support through short- and long-range planning
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
· Excellent logistical, decision making and problem-solving skills
· Extreme attention to detail
· Excellent public speaking skills
· Strong ability to lead, train and motivate others
· Must be a self-starter with ability to effectively perform in a fast-paced, high-pressured, stressful with limited resources and “uncomfortable” environments
· Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
· Ability to make purchase on behalf of OB
· Ability to travel on occasion as needed
· Flexible to work evening and weekend hours as needed during active deployments
Operation Blessing is a non-profit humanitarian organization working in dozens of countries every day to bring relief to those who are suffering. OB provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.