Under the supervision of the Accountant/Assistant, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. S/he will ensure the driving of staff and property in secure conditions. Follow the required procedures of GGGI with regards to vehicles usage procedure and ensure timely maintenance of the vehicle.
GGGI operations in Burkina Faso officially started in 2018, with the country still in its early stage of cooperation with GGGI. GGGI conducted a series of pre-scoping missions which took place in a post insurrectional period which ended with a president elected in end 2015. The new Government’s ambition to ground its development actions on a green growth approach led to the establishment of the Ministry of Environment, Green Economy and Climate Change. Furthermore, the Country’s new development strategy – (Program for National Economic and Social Development – PNDES) – aims to reverse environmental degradation trends and ensure sustainable management of natural resources. In this regard, PNDES implementation guidelines include Improved environmental governance and the mainstreaming of green economy perspectives in development policies. The Government of Burkina Faso, as outlined in its NDC, is increasingly aware that it is essential to integrate green growth approaches within its economic growth strategies.
S/he will ensure the driving of staff and property in secure conditions. Follow the required procedures of GGGI with regards to vehicles usage procedure and ensure timely maintenance of the vehicle.
- Following the instructions of the supervisor deliver correspondences, documents, packages and goods to their required destinations
- Support the efficient running of GGGI office through efficient driving services that ensures timely transportation of staff, officials and visitors to the office, the place of assignments, and meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Project staff in delivery of work-related documents/packages.
- Perform cash/cheque deposits to the bank as required and instructed by supervisor;
- Adhere to scheduled maintenance of vehicle to ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times. Directly addressing minor maintenance: timely oil change, tyre quality check, brakes check, water levels and cleanliness of the vehicle. Major level repair should be arranged and approved by your supervisor.
- Notify Administration and Logistics focal person at least 3 months in advance of the expiry date of the administrative documents for the cars (insurance/road worthiness certificate, etc.) for processing;
- Ensure that vehicles are safely parked in GGGI premises when not in use, and strictly adhere to GGGI‘s vehicle usage procedures with regards to time, vehicle use, authorized passengers, etc.
- Regular monitor and suggest and recommendations to your supervisor with regards to management and maintenance problems of the vehicle
- Perform any other tasks you may be assigned
- At least a high school graduate
- At least 3-5 years working experience in a similar position and with a credible institution
- Possess a driving license and competence in preventive maintenance and administration of vehicles.
- At least 3 years working experience in similar conditions in the field
- Excellent knowledge of driving in the countryside and in urban centres
- An excellent command of spoken and written French. Fluency in the local language is preferred. Proficiency in English is an asset.
- Good interpersonal communication ability and in close collaboration with others.
- Able to perform administrative/clerical matters in tandem and under time constraints.
- Team spirit and ability to take initiatives, demonstrating creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Highly-organized and able to effectively and efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable working both in a team and independently
- Good organizational skills
- Availability to reside in his work are
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multidisciplinary team a
- Good steering control
- Understand and actively supports GGGI’s mission, vision and values.
- Promote an organizational culture of trust, transparency, respect and partnership.
- Process and share information easily and is excellent at problem solving.
- Manage emotions and stress positively, builds rapport and resolves conflict easily.
Child protection – GGGI is committed to child protection, irrespective of whether any specific area of work involves direct contact with children. GGGI’s Child Protection Policy is written in accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child.