Programme Coordination Officer
Under the overall guidance of the Team Leader of the China South-South Facility (CSSF), the Programme Coordination Officer ensures effective delivery of projects and initiatives of the South South Cooperation Assistance Fund (SSCAF), disaster management and related portfolio under the CSSF.
The Programme Coordination Officer works in close collaboration with colleagues in the CSSF and others under the Global Partnership Cluster (GPC) along with other programme and operations personnel at the China Country Office, and UNDP HQ and Regional Bureau as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to management of South-South Cooperation Assistance Fund (SSCAF) projects
- Administrative support to CSSF
- Support to resource mobilization
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Provides effective support to management of the SSCAF programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provide implementation support towards SSCAF projects and proposals. This support is inclusive of all stages of the project covering its preparatory and inception-phase through to start up and implementation.
- Collection of information for preparation of SSCAF proposals design, draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Provision of guidance to UNDP COs on routine implementation requirements of SSCAF projects.
- Revision and submission of SSCAF proposals.
- Coordinating with UNDP COs and all responsible parties to ensure high quality and compliance of SSCAF proposals, annual work plans, annual and quarterly progress reports as well as other reports as per project requirements.
- Support the team in quality assurance of the outputs and activities of projects including field-based monitoring and support.
2. Provides administrative support to CSSF as well as the GPC focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide logistics support for missions, events and project related workshops.
- Assist in programme financial procedures, legal documents and other operational workflows.
- Maintain good communication with knowledge management platforms, as well as other internal and external counterparts at the working level.
- Assist in systematically collecting and documenting feedbacks and other relevant information as evidence for results achieved, maintaining the timeliness and accuracy of a change log of the project as part of the project monitoring and evaluation system.
- Provide other daily administrative support as required.
- Drafting briefing notes, talking points, speeches, articles and other contents as necessary and as required, in line with corporate and programme strategy
- Presentation of background information for formulation of new projects within the GPC, including draft project documents, work plans, budgets, and proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Support resource mobilization efforts as needed in consultation with the management
3. Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Support the team in exploring potential new partnership including local governments, NGOs and private sectors
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on south-south cooperation programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in south-south cooperation programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing initiatives with partners and stakeholders via a variety of innovative means and approaches to share, communicate and promote south-south cooperation knowledge products to wider audience.
- Other relevant responsibilities as assigned by team leader.
The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Programme Unit and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis, data entry and presentation of information ensure proper programme implementation.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 1.1: Support the preparation of information for advocacy
Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.1: Contributing to results through provision of information
Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Maintains databases of donor information
Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.1: Implementing processes and uses products
Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
Responds positively to new approaches
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.1: Providing information for resource mobilization strategies
Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
Maintains database of project files
Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
Level 1.1: Research and analysis
Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Responds to client needs promptly
Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
Creating synergies through self-control
Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Informed and transparent decision making
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
Required Skills and Experience
University Degree in Public Administration, Political Sciences and Social Science would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
3 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
Fluency in Chinese and English