Supply Chain Coordinator
Employment category: G - Non-manager
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
Direct reports: No direct reports, but supervises Supply Chain Officers
Overall purpose of the role:
- Responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management and general logistics support to the programme.
- Localizing and adapting DRC policies within support area to local circumstances
- Contribute to the development of country strategies.
Geographic scope: Area (Myanmar)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
- Contributes to the daily operation with comprehensive knowledge in logistics and procurement
- Lead the coordination with the programme staff to ensure logistics & procurement involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Ensure that all logistics & procurement specific DRC/donors’ rules and policies are understood and respected
- Responsibility for assigned operational budgetary lines within programmes.
- Technical support to field offices
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are rigorously followed
- Procurement of all goods and services
- Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC's interests are protected
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective
- Fleet: management of rental and owned vehicles, generators, speed boats & motorbikes (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Transport: management of all transportation of goods and people (via road, river, air) to-from areas of operations and-or other DRC offices
- Asset: registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of DRC assets accordingly to donors’ rule and policies (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Warehouse: manage the DRC warehouse and stores (in line with DRC guidelines)
- Premises: health and safety, contract management and repairs/maintenance at DRC premises
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
*Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Field experience
- Working experience from an international humanitarian organization
- Knowledge of ERP system would be an asset
- A good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in e.g. Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Humanitarian Logistics Supply Chain (desired if no academic degree)
- Driving license
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Starting date of employment: As soon as possible
- Regular DRC staff contract, including a probation period of 3 months;
- Competitive salary among non-governmental organisation
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter, Passport Photo and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references).
No later than 23th January, 2020(COB/5pm)
Please note that due to urgency, DRC will conduct the interview on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.