Administrative and Logistics Assistant, GS-5
Publication/Transmission Date\: 09 January 2020
Deadline For Application\: 29 January 2020 (at midnight, Abu Dhabi local Time)
Title and Grade\: Administrative and Logistics Assistant, GS-5
Indicative Net Annual Salary\: Euros 37,167 to 43,863 plus provident fund
Duration of Appointment\: Two years (with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funds)
Duty Station\: Bonn, Germany
Entry on Duty\: As soon as possible
IRENA Innovation and Technology Centre (IITC) is responsible for the provision of the means for an accelerated renewable energy technology uptake, considering national conditions of resource endowment, social and economic frameworks. In accordance with the IRENA Statute, activities in this field include analysis of renewable energy technology policies; dissemination of information and increased awareness; technologies and equipment overview and assessment of success-failure factors; improved pertinent knowledge and technology transfer, and joint RD&D and provision of information about the development and deployment of national and international technical standards in relation to renewable energy.
Under the guidance of the Chiefâ Operations, Management and Liaison, the Administrative and Logistics Assistant will\:
- Assist in the overall management of the new building.
- Support the facilities manager with the every-day operation of the building; this includes the cooperation with the staff responsible for the building at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs (BMWi), the Federal Institute for Real Estate and the landlord.
- Support with the coordination of services relating to the building such as cleaning, waste services, security etc.
- Coordinate with landlord repairs and improvements required in the building.
- Maintain inventory on all office related requirements such as office supplies, publications, etc.
- Provide hardware and software support to end-users for standard ICT equipment like laptop computers, monitors, phones etc. prior and after the relocation.
- Act as the back-up of Receptionist.
- Perform other duties as required.
Professionalism\: Knowledge of information technology and applications, including computer system networks. Good technical skills, ability to conduct network maintenance, provide server services and user support. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and attention to detail; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning and Organising\: Develops clear goals; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees possible difficulties and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently; remains on-task and focused.
Education\: High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education/courses in IT/administration would be an asset.
Experience\: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible working experience in general management, engineering or logistics. Experience with IT processes is required. Experience working in an international organization is required.
Languages\: Excellent command of written and spoken English and German is required. Knowledge of other languages is desirable.
IRENA reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post.
Qualified candidates must apply for the above mentioned vacancy on-line, through IRENAâs recruitment platform, Taleo by submitting a complete and comprehensive CV and a letter of interest, including details of three professional references who will be contacted if their application is shortlisted.