International Human Resources Officer (Global Mobility)
New York City (United States of America)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible.Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer Mobility, the UNV HR Officer will undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct research, identify and implement innovative and evolving best practices, tools and business solutions to facilitate Global Mobility/rotation
- Assist facilitation of staff reassignment/placement and deferment process
- Coordination of various meetings and events related to mobility/rotation program
- Contribute to development of a Global Mobility framework and strategic activities relating to integrated talent management
- Support and contribute to corporate HR strategy formulation and global implementation, working collaboratively with other Centres of Expertise.
- Collect, interpret and analyse HR/mobility data to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies.
- Make recommendations on the establishment and improvement of HR systems, policies and processes.
- Gather Mobility related data from other UN/International Agencies to identify best practices
- Support ongoing mobility exercise by developing and analysing various data points
Master’s degree in the area of human resources, business administration or a related field.Required experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
At least 5 years of relevant work experience.Language skills:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and concepts of human resources management/Global Mobility
- Multi country/International work experience is highly desirable
- Experience in internal reassignment processes is highly desirable but not mandatory
- Ability to identify issues, conduct rigorous research, and make conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong research, planning and organizational skills with attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of MS XL, PowerPoint with strong reporting skills (vlook up, creating dashboards etc.)
Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Working in Teams