Senior National Graphic Designer/Communication Associate
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is a technical knowledge-based organization marching forward with policy dialogues and advocating for the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all ; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations in the underdeveloped countries. Our three main goals are \: the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all ; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition at country level, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh and direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) in close technical coordination and guidance with the International Communication Specialist, the consultant will carry out tasks in accordance with FAO’s corporate graphics design and communication policy, editorial style and operational guidelines for all communication and information outputs. The main tasks of the consultant will be to\:
Tasks and responsibilities
Design a range of publications and visibility items including reports, fact sheets, booklets, leaflets, brochures, posters, banners, invitation cards, flip charts, and infographics.
- Catalogue outputs for future use and reference.
Maintain press clips/files clips, films, photos, promotion materials, leaflet, and brochures etc;
Support the preparation of awareness raising materials and communication materials for different audiences
Prepare necessary communications and visibility materials on different occasions namely World Food Day, World Soil Day, Fisheries week, livestock week, statistics day, mountain day, environment day, food safety day etc.
Design different invitation cards on various occasion- namely English and Bangla new year, Eid,, invitation for dinners /lunch on various occasions etc
Improve and edit art-work, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Advise and deliver creative approaches to communicate technical communications ;
Use photographic and videography skills to document project activities;
Prepare multi-media communication products related to the various elements of the project;
Arrange and consolidate information and data from the project staff and relevant national stakeholders for use in communications materials;
Regularly update the stakeholder database and regularly inform the stakeholders about the results of the project;
Assist the preparation of events ensuring key messages are delivered effectively;
Assist in organization of meetings/workshops and events at central and local levels;
- Other duties related to communication and design requested by the FAO Representative /Assistant FAO Representative (programme)/International Communication Officer.
- Advanced university degree in Fine arts/Graphic Design/ Communications or related fields from a recognized and reputed university;
Minimum 2 years of experience in communication and/or public relations;
National of Bangladesh
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Practical experience in graphic design, including the use of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premere Pro, etc.)
- Familiarity with multi-media software for preparing videos and sound recording desirable.
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes (offset and digital) and colour management;
- Knowledge of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms, as well as modern design trends such as infographic, quota gram, tableau, etc;
Knowledge and experience with websites and content management systems is an advantage;
Knowledge in media and reporting protocols of the Government of Bangladesh is an advantage;
- Good understanding of mass media and communication networks in the field of agriculture, fisheries, livestock, forestry, climate change, and environment, food safety etc
Experience in working with UN agencies and international organizations is an advantage;
Excellent spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal skill and high team work spirit
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.