Under the supervision of the Country Manager and in close collaboration with other team members, the Human Resources Consultant, Anti-Corruption Committee will contribute to the implementation of the project with a view to provide technical assistance during the establishment of the Anti-Corruption Committee (ACC) within the overall vision of strengthened integrity of Armenia's Criminal Justice System and a specific goal of establishing and applying integrity-based institutional management standards for specialized anti-corruption bodies by the end of CY 2020.
This assignment will focus on assisting the ACC administration in carrying out a transparent selection process for investigators and analysts; facilitating a transparent recruitment process; facilitating the pre-exam selection process as well as professional exams in accordance with relevant legislation; assisting the ACC in developing integrity-based evaluation criteria; assisting the ACC in improving interviewing skills; planning and executing recruitment activities and establishing priorities in accordance with the requirements of the hiring process.
The Human Resources Consultant will implement the following principle components of the project:
- Assist the ACC, in full coordination with said authority, in the process of collecting, managing, and storing application forms and other relevant data;
- Assist the CIE in developing integrity-based evaluation criteria;
- Facilitate the selection process through assisting the CIE in screening application forms;
- Receive, review and summarize data submitted by stakeholders during the judicial candidates’ background checks;
- Assist the ACC administration, once established, in improving their interviewing skills;
- Support in organizing and conducting General Skills Tests and applying other selection tools in coordination with ACC administration;
- Plan and execute recruitment activities and establishing priorities in accordance with the requirements of the hiring process;
- Assist the respective division(s) of the ACC in developing and applying human resource policies, including an efficient internal training system, in accordance with relevant national legislation, after the Committee has been established.
- Review the initial (pre-exam) screening of application packages to ensure that application forms and supporting documents submitted are complete and the candidates meet the minimum requirements as defined by the law;
- Assist in administrating and interpreting General Skills or other tests, in line with current practices applied in Armenia, and in accordance with relevant rules and regulations.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- University degree in relevant field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven experience in the human resources field, developing and implementing HR policies, guidelines for efficient personnel management, and developing and conducting HR training sessions. .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to communicate complex ideas effectively in Armenian. Strong proficiency in English is an advantage.
Technical and behavioral competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently, as well as in a team environment;
- High sense of discretion in dealing with confidential matters;
- Displays initiative, anticipates client needs and takes responsibility for achieving agreed outputs within set deadlines;
- Proven track record of being able to work under high pressure in a fast and changing environment, and to meet tight deadlines;
- Works towards creating an enabling environment for a smooth relationship between the clients and service provider;
- Aptitude to build and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of seniority, both internally and externally;
- Uses discretion and flexibility in interpreting rules to meet client needs and achieve organizational goals more effectively;
- Proficient in utilizing standard industry technology, including Microsoft Office package and related software;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with people in a multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to promote ethics and integrity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For this full-time assignment IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Single Engagement Agreement of 6 months and a compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience. This local assignment is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station.
Please ensure that ONLY CV and Cover letter are attached and kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Consultant assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.