National Monitoring and Evaluation Associate - Ibb
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative (FAOR) and the direct supervision by the FAO Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist and in close cooperation with technical officers, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will monitor and evaluate project implementation and resulted impact of all FAO projects in Yemen.
Development, standardization and deployment of tools that capture quantitative and qualitative data for monitoring, evaluation and reporting under the defined project indicators
Develop a simple and effective M&E plan for the respective FAO hub and ensure its implementation;
Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation mechanisms of field activities for the smooth implementation of the project activities, including the follow-up on the performance of the projects;
Report on the overall implementation of project/s activities, including constraints, lessons learned and recommendations for better implementation;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to ascertain the progress of activities;
- Provide M&E technical support to the respective FAO hub;
Participate with other national staff in training program for survey preparation and data collection methodology;
- Conduct surveys and assessments;
Contribute in the development of project proposals, specifically on the M&E components and design of logical frameworks;
- Perform any other related duties as requested by the supervisor
- Perform other related duties as required
Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Economics or Social Sciences or any other relevant studies.
Minimum 5 years' experience related to the above duties and responsibilities
- Full competency and fluency in Arabic and English.
- National of Yemen.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
Extent and relevance of experience in designing, planning, leading and conducting monitoring and evaluation;
Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English and Arabic;
Excellent computer skills, including quantitative analysis, use of SPSS, Excel and Access.
Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines.
Teamwork spirit, ability to work under minimum supervision, flexibility.
Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes on monitoring and evaluation related issues.
Demonstrated ability to implement a variety of analytical methodologies and techniques.
Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies
- Ability to work with minimum supervisionSelection Criteria
Courses in Monitoring & Evaluation, Business, Organizational Studies, Information Design, Statistics, Economics and related fields will be a plus.
Experience in using Kobo and/or other mobile data collection tools is highly desirable
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.